Question What would be a good WiFi PCI-e Adaptor for at least 200mbps down?

Hi, due to some lan issues with a B550 Motherboard from Gigabyte that uses a Realtek NIC I've decided to start looking for an adaptor so I can stop using lan for a while until the issue gets actually fixed (I've already sent this board to RMA but they simply said "the issue was fixed" with a BIOS update)

I need some recommendations in regards to what would be the best for me, right now I'll be connecting to a modem with 5G that is roughly 10-15 meters away (It'll be like this until I can run a cable to a router where I have my pc since I currently have a powerline that only provides between 50 to 80mbps) and has some walls in the way, my phone is capable of around 110mbps down with that distance so I wanted some adaptor that would give me similar if not better results.

So far I've looked into the Asus PCE-AC88 and its AC68 variant. I've also looked at TP-LINK Archer T6E. I'm a bit unsure which one would be the best for me, also I've seen some posts about people complaining about connectivity issues for all of them which doesn't help me in making a purchase either.

Any recommendations are much appreciated!

Id get one based off the ax200 or ax210 chipset. Those hit 200mbit pretty easily if you have good signal stregth and the channel isn't busy. Try to get with with cabled antennas.

No claim that it's the best, but FWIW I have the Archer T6E and have been happy with it. My ISP says they provide me with 200Mbps down, and I've tested it (with the T6E) at about 220. (The ISP is the speed limiter here; I could probably get higher than that for intranet, though I haven't tested it.)

Note that your AP/Router will have to handle that sort of speed, too. Signals always get slowed down by whatever is the weakest link in the chain.

1 hour ago, fordy_rounds said:

No claim that it's the best, but FWIW I have the Archer T6E and have been happy with it. My ISP says they provide me with 200Mbps down, and I've tested it (with the T6E) at about 220. (The ISP is the speed limiter here; I could probably get higher than that for intranet, though I haven't tested it.)

Note that your AP/Router will have to handle that sort of speed, too. Signals always get slowed down by whatever is the weakest link in the chain.

My only fear is that the range won't be quite good therefore making the speeds worse than what they already are