Bricked GPU?

A new BIOS came out recently for my strix 3080, the one with the resizable BAR support. I downloaded the BIOS updater from the ASUS drivers and BIOS page and I installed it. I then did a driver update and shut down my PC. now the GPU doesn't even get detected. In P mode at least, because everything works just fine in Q mode (there's a physical switch on GPU to switch between them). Is there any way to resolve this?

4 minutes ago, Shanhara said:

now the GPU doesn't even get detected. In P mode at least, because everything works just fine in Q mode (there's a physical switch on GPU to switch between them)

those are both BIOS versions for the card so the Q mode working doesn't surprise me. The flash probably failed, and you'd have to try to flash it again. Do you have integrated graphics or a spare secondary GPU?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

those are both BIOS versions for the card so the Q mode working doesn't surprise me. The flash probably failed, and you'd have to try to flash it again. Do you have integrated graphics or a spare secondary GPU?

No integrated graphics, but I do have a second GPU to use

12 minutes ago, Shanhara said:

No integrated graphics, but I do have a second GPU to use

I would recommend using that to get a video signal, and attempt a new flash on the 3080

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

I would recommend using that to get a video signal, and attempt a new flash on the 3080

I tried doing that but the problem is that my 3080 isn't even detected, so I can't flash it

@Shanhara - I can't be sure on this but if the "Q" VBIOS version works, boot up on that and switch to the "P" VBIOS (the VBIOS I believe is only read at boot time) and reflash.

I've done this on a motherboard that had 2 BIOS positions and I had only updated one to support a newer CPU. Booted into Windows, switch to the other BIOS position and used a Windows BIOS update tool.

10 hours ago, Blai5e said:

@Shanhara - I can't be sure on this but if the "Q" VBIOS version works, boot up on that and switch to the "P" VBIOS (the VBIOS I believe is only read at boot time) and reflash.

I've done this on a motherboard that had 2 BIOS positions and I had only updated one to support a newer CPU. Booted into Windows, switch to the other BIOS position and used a Windows BIOS update tool.

ok I did some minor "testing" if you could call it that, basically I booted up in Q mode, and used GPU Z to check the BIOS version, and then changed the GPU to Q mode to do the same, and sure enough, there were different BIOS versions. The only worry I have is that I don't want to mess up and brick Q mode as well