Pc screen glitch

https://imgur.com/NkNlUOV this is the image of what usually happens. Basically small boxes that are bright and colorful and they usually move around a lot and twitch. Sometimes there are large chunks of these boxes on the screen when it happens. Usually, I rarely get this anymore and it can happen when I play games, especially highly demanding ones. This time though it just happened when i was chilling in discord. I use a laptop (Dell g5se 5505) and its connected to a monitor that has been used with no problem before. When it happens you can see the boxes on the laptop screen and the monitor so I think the problem is the laptop. Plz help 

What are the full specs of the laptop? That looks like a dying GPU to me, but you should try re-installing GPU drivers (and Windows).

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Moved to Troubleshooting. The Forum Bugs & Issues subforum in the Forum Information section is for reporting bugs relating to the LinusTechTips.com forum.

5 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

What are the full specs of the laptop? That looks like a dying GPU to me, but you should try re-installing GPU drivers (and Windows).

This. Looks like memory artefacts from a dying GPU. It's worth trying to reinstall display drivers but I don't think that will help. If it's under warranty speak to Dell support to have it replaced.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450