Need some "advice"?

elelnato

Hey guys! This is my first post here in the forums though I've been following you for a long time now. I have quite made my mind about buying 2 Graphics Cards to replace my old Sapphire HD 6950. I'm thinking on buying either 2 MSI R9 270 or 2 MSI R9 270X. My father in law is going to Germany and I plan to ask him to bring it. There's a very small difference in price between both  at least in Germany so I really would like to have your opinion on this... or maybe other "combo" that you can suggest? Thanks!

By the way, I live in Argentina, so it's out of the question buying the cards here since they are almost 40% more expensive, even if I pay the full customs tax.

Honestly I say go for a stronger single GPU over crossfire/sli at that level. I would say an R9 280x or a GTX770 would be a better choice over crossfire. 

Yes a single more powerful card is better than 2 weaker ones (compared to 280x or 770, 270 is not a weak card). So, my advice is to go with a single more powerful card, and also mantle doesn't do very well with crossfire and I say mantle because it's gonna become the new Directx 12. So, I would not go with crossfire or sli right now.

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.