Anyone know a monitor model with both 1080p 144+ and 1440p 75+? UK market.

rhanson

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a dual monitor set up (pref 27" not ultrawide). Ideally I want two IPS panels because well I like colour accuracy. I'm rocking a 1660s and 3600 so realistically for the next year I won't realistcally be going above 144fps at 1080p or 75fps at 1440p but I really want to utilise the extra pixel density of the higher res panel. I was thinking about getting a high refresh 1080p monitor for competitve FPS games and a moderate refresh rate 1440p monitor for scenic games. BUT I also want the monitors to visually identical becuase.. well symmetry.
I'm not likely to upgrade my GPU/CPU for a good while so I don't see myself needing higher refresh rate monitors than these.

This is what I have found so far (I'm aware the description of the 1440p one is VA but I'm guessing that is wrong):

https://www.box.co.uk/AOC-Gaming-27G2UBK-27-Full-HD-IPS-Free_2766292.html
https://www.box.co.uk/AOC-Q27G2UBK-27-QHD-FreeSync-144Hz-Gam_2869502.html

Are these good deals? Or am I barking up the wrong tree.

Any help would be appreciated. Peripherals are not my strong point as its a minefield

Instead of getting 2 budget options that to a mediocre job each, get 1 good monitor. You'll pay about the same, but the experience you'll get will be much better.

I recommend this one to you as one of the best 1440p 144/165Hz options: MSI MAG274QRF-QD Review, Setting New Performance Records at 1440p 165Hz - YouTube

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Instead of getting 2 budget options that to a mediocre job each, get 1 good monitor. You'll pay about the same, but the experience you'll get will be much better.

I recommend this one to you as one of the best 1440p 144/165Hz options: MSI MAG274QRF-QD Review, Setting New Performance Records at 1440p 165Hz - YouTube

Thanks for the comment. I won't be able to regularly hit anywhere near those framerates though with my setup and game preference so I'd be looking at downscaling to 1080p which just looks mushy on 1440p. I just won't benefit from that kind of display for at least another couple of years. I also do a lot of work/chat on my PC which is why I was looking for the dual monitor set up.
I'll certainly keep those monitors in mind if I stumble across a gpu that will benefit

3 hours ago, rhanson said:

Thanks for the comment. I won't be able to regularly hit anywhere near those framerates though with my setup and game preference so I'd be looking at downscaling to 1080p which just looks mushy on 1440p. I just won't benefit from that kind of display for at least another couple of years. I also do a lot of work/chat on my PC which is why I was looking for the dual monitor set up.
I'll certainly keep those monitors in mind if I stumble across a gpu that will benefit

I can at least tell you that the best 1080p 144Hz IPS monitor currently is the AOC 24G2 for around $200. But idk about a good 1440p 75Hz IPS monitor.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

20 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

I can at least tell you that the best 1080p 144Hz IPS monitor currently is the AOC 24G2 for around $200. But idk about a good 1440p 75Hz IPS monitor.

Thanks. I just looked up the AOC 27G2 as I'd prefer 27" and looks like its either unavailable or discontinued in the UK market. Is the 27G2U the same? Its the only one I can find and its £240 on Amazon.co.uk. Prices in the UK are slightly higher than US (I see you're in Germany though) so I'd guess with the larger panel size that this seems to scale well.