Building new PC later this year, any tips?

MathStar07

Budget (including currency): $1,200 - $1,300 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft (Raytracing), Occasional CAD, Web Browsing

Other details: I have peripherals (Keyboard, mouse, screen(s), etc.), all I need is the PC. I am currently using a 2015 Dell XPS 13 9350 with the Dell USB-3 WD19 Hub. I am going to buy my dad's Nvidia RTX 2070 Super from him, so i have a Graphix card. I will probably use the NZXT H510 Compact as my case (https://www.nzxt.com/products/h510-matte-black), but I am open to other cases. That is really all I have at the moment. Any suggestions on parts? (Also I'm 13 I don't want to buy anything from shady websites.)

One question for you, during this time, how are you going to get a 2070 at msrp? Rx 580 costs 400-500 right now, so this seems like a terrible time to buy gpu's, unless of course, you're willing to spend massive amounts on gpu only. If you do find one though great for you, just at what price could you tell me? Need to know so I could know how much of budget is being spent on it.

Edit: sorry I thought you meant buy 2070 for him not from him, my bad, but still, how much are you spending on it? And is the budget considered left for other parts or parts including gpu?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

40 minutes ago, Lotinsh said:

One question for you, during this time, how are you going to get a 2070 at msrp? Rx 580 costs 400-500 right now, so this seems like a terrible time to buy gpu's, unless of course, you're willing to spend massive amounts on gpu only. If you do find one though great for you, just at what price could you tell me? Need to know so I could know how much of budget is being spent on it.

Edit: sorry I thought you meant buy 2070 for him not from him, my bad, but still, how much are you spending on it? And is the budget considered left for other parts or parts including gpu?

I am going to buy the gpu for $175 USD. My budget includes everything including the gpu.

35 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Okay. Thank you for your suggestions about the case, as well as that parts list!

3 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Well its a very high end case, I would only recommend it if you have a good AIO and a good ammount of case fans

Okay. I was not planning on doing an aio or water cooling at all, just fans.