Which motherboard for Ryzen9 3950x

I’ve committed the sin to make this my first build.

Continued BSOD with the current system: motherboard Msi MAGx570 tomahawks Wi-Fi, cpu ryzen9 3950, gpu zotac RTX 3090, RAM Corsair vengeance lpx 32*2, PSU Corsair RM850 gold, SSD M.2 Samsung 980 PRO 1tb, Samsung 860 evo 1tb sata 2.5.

Tried to fix it for the past 4 months and everything seems to point at the motherboard. I’ve decided to return it. Loads of other people seem to have the very same issue with AMD ryzen 9 processors and x570 motherboards. Can anyone with a similar built recommend me anything? 

What shall I do? Budget max for the motherboard 400£, recommendations welcome

Many thanks

Well, I'm not sure. I've got an Asrock X570M Pro4 that runs my 3900XT just fine, and I am planning on dropping a 5950X in it, but Gigabyte was going to be my main go-to for recommending boards...

The Asrock has VRM's capable of running a 5950X, but they're not really suited for overclocking. I think this board is on the C tier list, your board was on the B tier?

Did you ever try BIOS update? I was having some stability problems with mine until I put a better BIOS on it.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

On 3/23/2021 at 10:43 PM, Sarra said:

Well, I'm not sure. I've got an Asrock X570M Pro4 that runs my 3900XT just fine, and I am planning on dropping a 5950X in it, but Gigabyte was going to be my main go-to for recommending boards...

The Asrock has VRM's capable of running a 5950X, but they're not really suited for overclocking. I think this board is on the C tier list, your board was on the B tier?

Did you ever try BIOS update? I was having some stability problems with mine until I put a better BIOS on it.

Hi Sarra, thanks for your comment!

I’m sorry but I don’t know what is the tier system for motherboards😨 is A better than B? Where do I find it? Could you post me a link? tha! 

BIOS - I didn’t because the latest was just for 5950 users, which I am not. Do you I do it regardless? 

a friend of mine has a combo 3950+asrock taichi and it works great 🙂  

8 hours ago, Malanca said:

Hi Sarra, thanks for your comment!

I’m sorry but I don’t know what is the tier system for motherboards😨 is A better than B? Where do I find it? Could you post me a link? tha! 

BIOS - I didn’t because the latest was just for 5950 users, which I am not. Do you I do it regardless? 

a friend of mine has a combo 3950+asrock taichi and it works great 🙂  

Well, the tier list refers to VRM's, in this case. It's stickied in the CPU/mainboard forum:

S is best, A better, B okay, C meh, D probably avoid, etc.

I think they still make adjustments to the overall code when they do make updates. If what you have isn't working, then flashing something newer could potentially help in the form of a fix, or just leave it the same.

I actually like my Asrock board. I think I'm going to put a 3950X in it and sell my 3900XT, and get a 5950X for my main rig. I think I'm going to get something other than Asrock for my main system, and I was thinking Gigabyte...

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

16 hours ago, Sarra said:

Well, the tier list refers to VRM's, in this case. It's stickied in the CPU/mainboard forum:

S is best, A better, B okay, C meh, D probably avoid, etc.

I think they still make adjustments to the overall code when they do make updates. If what you have isn't working, then flashing something newer could potentially help in the form of a fix, or just leave it the same.

I actually like my Asrock board. I think I'm going to put a 3950X in it and sell my 3900XT, and get a 5950X for my main rig. I think I'm going to get something other than Asrock for my main system, and I was thinking Gigabyte...

Hi Sarra! Thanks for expanding on the tier system haha 

now I’m left deciding whether going for the asus x570 Crosshair viii hero or the x570 aorus master. I really don’t sympathise for ASUS in general tho haha it sounds like you’ll have a hell of a rig!! Noice!