Building a new pc.

Willamok

Hey everyone! I've decided to build a new rig! At first I wanted to slightly upgrade my current, but seeing as I'm looking into getting an RTX 3080 soon, I came to the conclusion that it's better with a new one. It won't be super high-end, I'll try to do it on as cheap a budget as possible while still getting great bang for my buck!

My current rig will be kept around and turned into i.e. a streaming machine and video editor.

I've made a full list and I'm gonna stick to it as close as possible, but it would be really great to have some more input from other people who are as invested and interested in this subject as I am.

I will admit at first I got blinded by the whole "I NEED RGB EVERYWHERE" but I had to snap a bit out of it, granted some parts still are RGB, but as better parts are available and for much cheaper I'll prioritize those. I will stick to a sort of "white build" theme, but price>color.

Here's the list so far:

CPU: Intel Core i5-10600K 4.1 GHz 6-Core Processor 252,55$

CPU COOLER: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 115,14$

MOBO: Gigabyte Z490 VISION G ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 256,56$

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory 135,32$

GPU: ~

PSU: NZXT C 850 W 159,59$

STORAGE: Kingston HyperX Fury 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive FREESamsung 870 QVO 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive 110,18$

CASE: Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case 87,92$

CASE FANS: Cooler Master MasterFan MF Halo 47.2 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack 57,17$

Budget (including currency): My current build lands at 1172,63$ with all my converted and calculated prices, so I'm guessing a budget around 1000$ but I would love to do it a bit cheaper. Now, I am working with Danish prices and we use DKK over here, so there might a slight price difference between what could get recommend.

List has been edited

Here's where I'm thinking... Is the Vision G a steal at that price? How much better will it do me than, say, an MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1200 Motherboard for 201,50$?

There's definitely a better PSU to pick and I know it, but I'm not that smart when it comes to PSU's so if you guys have ANY input on it, please do help!!

I'm not sure if I'll end up settling for another GPU, but I'm, on a waiting list for an Asus GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB ROG STRIX WHITE OC. But if it happens you guys know about a nice, cheaper one do tell me, I just need the Case to fit a 3080 in the end if I settle on it.

Is this Corsair case really viable as a good airflow case? I like the color- and design scheme of it, so it's definitely a big contender for top 3, but again, if you've got input send it my way.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: My current played games are: DOOM Eternal, Project Cars 3, Mass Effect, Warzone, Hitman 3, BF4. I might end up running a few Adobe programs too.

Thank you guys so much for taking your time to read and help me with my issue, I wish you all a nice day!

Regards, Will.

Thanks Crownie!

I've looked at the Gigabyte version too, it's super slick, I just hope I can at least get my hands on something.

With the PSU I looked at the list and found the Gigabyte P GM 850W 80+ Gold which seems extremely nice and I can get it for the price of only 119,75$ so I think that's the one.

Now regarding the ram, it's a bit expensive here, and again I've got a case of the RGB-rona and I'm almost certain I'll stick with the Corsair Vengeance, but looking at the prices;
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB 256,72$

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32 GB 255,27$

So, the SL version will be cheaper than the normal one, but still a big price difference from the 16 GB, and funny enough 3200mhz will be cheaper than 3000mhz.

EDIT: I can now see I mistook the P GM for the AP-GM on the list, whereas my choice happened to be on Tier 3 - Potentially dangerous.

EDIT 2: Landed on the NZXT C 850w as my choice. Still unsure about RAM.

If anyone's able to, I'd still like some short input on my MOBO ideas!