Looking for a computer desk!

FluffyNuggets

Not sure where to put this but here goes. 

So I'm moving and can finally get a bigger desk but I'm not having much luck. I want to finally put my computer (Caselabs SM8) on my desk but I'm running into issues finding a desk that's wide and deep enough to fit the tower, monitor, speakers, kb/m. 

I live in Colorado so I'm looking for something either locally or have it shipped. I'd like to stay under $200 if possible since buying a house made me poor!

General dimensions are 28"+ depth, 50"+ wide, height doesn't matter. 

You wouldn't think finding that would be hard but it is, at least for me anyways. Looking for something simple looking, like a writing table but bigger. I don't need anything fancy, just strong enough to not crumble if I put a fully loaded SM8 on it!

Thanks!

build one, easy to get the sheets and easy to get some legs, also very cheap and you get the exact size you want

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Colorado boutha!!!! There are some local shops in longmont, and theres always microcenter.

Diamond 5 in League :)

Gonna have to be that one person that does this...

IKEA_Singapore.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

snawp

our ikea's by the microcenter, so its pretty neat.

Here are your options

Ikea

Craigslist

Walmart

Home Depot.

Build one, it's easy.

build one, easy to get the sheets and easy to get some legs, also very cheap and you get the exact size you want

Don't have the tools or time to do this. We are moving into a house on Thursday!

Colorado boutha!!!! There are some local shops in longmont, and theres always microcenter.

Ah, didn't think to check microcenter. Do they deliver?

our ikea's by the microcenter, so its pretty neat.

About and hour drive from me so it kinda sucks lol. 

I looked at IKEA but they don't fill my requirements on size and the ones that do are crazy expensive. 

I got this desk from Ikea and I love it. 

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S49836975/#/S49836975

It's a bit expensive....

I was looking at that one a few minutes ago but for the price and size there's better options. I have one narrowed down at American Furniture but it's a bit expensive so I'm seeing if there's something cheaper. 

Here are your options

Ikea

Craigslist

Walmart

Home Depot.

Build one, it's easy.

Looked at IKEA, sent a few emails on Craigslist, looked at Walmart, Target, Office Depot, and still no luck. The problem is the size! They are either not wide enough or not deep enough. The SM8 is a big case and trying to fit that on my desk with my 27" monitor and speakers just isn't gonna happen. 

I wish I could get an L-Shape desk but sadly the way the house is laid out it won't work. 

@FluffyNuggets

Its a 3 hour drive for me lol.

Bummer! You live out North? I live off 128th and I-25. I just checked Microcenters site and can't find a single desk. 

a rock and 4-8 nails too much? and im sure you can live 1 day without a desk :P

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

a rock and 4-8 nails too much? and im sure you can live 1 day without a desk :P

I take online college courses so no I can't lol. If I had the time I'd gladly build one but I'd still run into issues of no tools. I'm not a very crafty person so my desk would turn out like crap!

Bummer! You live out North? I live off 128th and I-25. I just checked Microcenters site and can't find a single desk. 

I thought they offered some desks, maybe that was a while ago, recently they are really advertising AIO computers and they have a ton of new monitors.

I thought they offered some desks, maybe that was a while ago, recently they are really advertising AIO computers and they have a ton of new monitors.

I wasn't very impressed with Microcenter when I went down there. I needed to buy some compression fittings and they were all mixed together with different sizes and you couldn't find 2 of the same fittings. The guys were pretty clueless with everything I was asking them so I doubt I'll be going back unless I buy a new CPU. 

Have a look at the Linmon range in Ikea, they do desk tops in various sizes, starting at £15, and desk legs from £7. They also do all kinds of little drawer units, designed to be used as 1 side of the legs, the options are almost unlimited. I done this myself with a Micke 120mm desk, with 2 Micke 4 drawer mini filing cabinets, with the 120mm Linmon desk top, and Linmon corner section. It set me back abouy £160 all in but it is huge. 240mm wide by 60 mm deep, plus the corner section. I would highly recommend this as an option. 

One more thing with certain ranges they are designed to be mix and match regarding the heights, and they do adjustable legs.s

MSI Z87 XPower, I5 4670k, 4x4gb Avexir MPower, 2 x HD7950, XFX Pro750w, Intel 335 180gb boot, 250gb Samy pro games, 60gb OCZ Vertex music, Monsta 420,ST30 360, 140mm / 120mm Akasa Vipers in push pull, D5 Vario, Koolance top, Bitspower ZMulti250, Fesser Fittings all round, Mayhems sunset Yellow, 32" LG monitor, 23" Asus monitor, Microlab Solo 7c's, Bheringer MS20's, R.A.T7, Steelseries Merc Stealth

I went back to American Furniture and found a nice desk for $150. It seemed like the best I was going to find for the price and it's not made out of cheap particle board or have a glass top. Glass is fine till winter rolls around and then it's just cold lol.