TheRoss0411

Nvidia just anounced the Iray VCA

A super computer for rendering with 8 GPUs

They can be stacked to combine performance 

The images look just as good as pictures

$50,000 for 60x better performance 

http://www.twitch.tv/nvidia

Amazing

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

People moaning at the 'fps' during the stream just gave me a headace... I wish people would appreciate the amount of detail and all of the tasks it does at a time. I'm uneducated when it comes to that area and even I know that or I'm I wrong?

People moaning at the 'fps' during the stream just gave me a headace... I wish people would appreciate the amount of detail and all of the tasks it does at a time. I'm uneducated when it comes to that area and even I know that or I'm I wrong?

You're completely right.

To get that as a picture would take 30min on a TITAN.

I needed for an HDR with a few million polys 1 hour to render on my GTX670 and they are doing it in realtime :/

RTX2070OC 

is that raytracing right? just slow and so 1980`s

I think Linus has mentioned this before in that cloud and remote computing is the long-term future. 10-20 years from now, we might not even own our computers, we will simply just lease/rent them from the manufacturer and stream everything over the internet. This is still pretty cool though. The stackable arrays make it even more interesting for scalable applications

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

You're completely right.

To get that as a picture would take 30min on a TITAN.

I needed for an HDR with a few million polys 1 hour to render on my GTX670 and they are doing it in realtime :/

Oh,I've rendered an animation with 100 frames in 16 hours with my 560. ;_;

Blender, 3000 samples, 1080p and about 1000 particles.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I think Linus has mentioned this before in that cloud and remote computing is the long-term future. 10-20 years from now, we might not even own our computers, we will simply just lease/rent them from the manufacturer and stream everything over the internet. This is still pretty cool though. The stackable arrays make it even more interesting for scalable applications

That is grid, they mentioned that too

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Summary

I'd love to use this for CAD tasks

144Hz goodness

I'd love to use this for CAD tasks

I don't think you would need this unless it's incredibly proffesional

I don't think you would need this unless it's incredibly proffesional

It's lightyears ahead of the CPU-rendering I have to use

144Hz goodness