Bottlenecking?

pbnj

I just had a general question, I’m currently in the process of building a new PC & I have all the parts except for the GPU which is on back order right now, I’m not entirely sure when the GPU will be in transit but I was wondering if there would be any problems with building my new PC but using my current graphics card until the new one arrives? 

Old PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g

GPU: Radeon RX 570 (Red Dragon)

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (16gb total)

POWER: Thermaltake Smart 500w 80+

CASE: Rosewill MicroATX FMB-X1

STORAGE: 128gb m.2 ssd, 2Tb hard-drive, 500gb hard-drive 

New Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x

GPU: Asus Dual RTX 3060 OC 12gb

MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite

CPU COOLER: NZXT Kraken x53

RAM: will reuse ram from old build

POWER: Thermaltake Smart 700w 80+
CASE: NZXT H510

STORAGE: reusing 128gb m.2, Samsung 970 EVO 500gb m.2, reusing 2Tb hard-drive

My main question here is will it be okay to use my RX 570 on the new build while I wait for the 3060 to ship/any compatibility or bottlenecking issues that may occur?

1 minute ago, pbnj said:

I just had a general question, I’m currently in the process of building a new PC & I have all the parts except for the GPU which is on back order right now, I’m not entirely sure when the GPU will be in transit but I was wondering if there would be any problems with building my new PC but using my current graphics card until the new one arrives? 

Old PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g

GPU: Radeon RX 570 (Red Dragon)

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (16gb total)

POWER: Thermaltake Smart 500w 80+

CASE: Rosewill MicroATX FMB-X1

STORAGE: 128gb m.2 ssd, 2Tb hard-drive, 500gb hard-drive 

New Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x

GPU: Asus Dual RTX 3060 OC 12gb

MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite

CPU COOLER: NZXT Kraken x53

RAM: will reuse ram from old build

POWER: Thermaltake Smart 700w 80+
CASE: NZXT H510

STORAGE: reusing 128gb m.2, Samsung 970 EVO 500gb m.2, reusing 2Tb hard-drive

My main question here is will it be okay to use my RX 570 on the new build while I wait for the 3060 to ship/any compatibility or bottlenecking issues that may occur?

Honestly, I would say 5600x + 3060 ti would be a better combo. Wouldn't recommend an h510. It's totally fine using an old card while waiting for a new one.

10 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

Honestly, I would say 5600x + 3060 ti would be a better combo. Wouldn't recommend an h510. It's totally fine using an old card while waiting for a new one.

I see, the only reason why I went with the 5800x was my friend was offering it cheaper than retail & it hasn’t been used/opened, I was aiming for a 3070 originally but I could only get my hands on the 3060 for retail as well. Are you familiar with switching gpu from amd to nvidia at all?

Just now, pbnj said:

I see, the only reason why I went with the 5800x was my friend was offering it cheaper than retail & it hasn’t been used/opened, I was aiming for a 3070 originally but I could only get my hands on the 3060 for retail as well. Are you familiar with switching gpu from amd to nvidia at all?

It's plug and play. Brand doesn't matter. If you are paranoid you can use ddu, https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ but it will just work.

7 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

It's plug and play. Brand doesn't matter. If you are paranoid you can use ddu, https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ but it will just work.

Thank you! Appreciate the clarification