Looking for a powered microphone setup

My wife produces long form content for tiktok and a few other platforms and recently has been getting feedback that the audio is too quiet.

Her current setup is a Huawei P40 pro with a Rode smartLav+ Lavalier and TRRS to USB-C adapter. She prefers to record with her phone because she likes the editing suit that ByteDance provides for tiktok and doesn't want to deal with a full editing suit for mobile content but as her content is long form comedy narrative 3-5 minutes audio quality is a priority.

I'm guessing that she will need a powered mic with a gains control in order to increase the recording volume without introducing noise. I have seen recommendations for the deity v-mic d3 pro but I'm not really sure what the best option is. Other options I can think of are the RØDE Wireless GO or an XLR setup. She recorders her content sitting at a table so mobility isn't a necessity. I guess the XLR option would be something like the Focusrite SCARLETT SOLO paired with a Shure SM7B. I'm not sure if it's better to go with a lavalier, mini boom or condenser microphone. The priority is sound quality and convenience of use. I will be working on room acoustics in the future but it is a residential apartment so their is only so much we can do with concrete walls and marble floor (rugs and heavy curtains. As she records 10-20 sessions a week it needs to be easy to use and consistent.

What options should I be considering? She's in Beijing so she can order from Taobao or pic something up from Zhongguancun.

Gigabyte Aorus 15G :: i7-10870H CPU :: 3080 :: DDR4 3200 2x16GB :: 1TB + 2TB SSD :: Gigabyte M32Q :: Edifier MR4

54 minutes ago, emosun said:

why not increase the audio volume during the edit

Increasing it too much will introduce noise

Gigabyte Aorus 15G :: i7-10870H CPU :: 3080 :: DDR4 3200 2x16GB :: 1TB + 2TB SSD :: Gigabyte M32Q :: Edifier MR4

• 2 weeks later...

What about something like Rode Videomic NTG? It has integrated preamp with adjustable gain and battery and can be connected to the phone directly either via 3.5mm or USB.

Regarding other options, SM7 is gain hungry microphone and SM7+Scarlett would not produce good result without additional clan preamps like Cloudlifter, Fethead etc.

Rode Wireless Go is good if she is only recording her own voice, otherwise not ideal.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 5:28 PM, Niksa said:

What about something like Rode Videomic NTG? It has integrated preamp with adjustable gain and battery and can be connected to the phone directly either via 3.5mm or USB.

Regarding other options, SM7 is gain hungry microphone and SM7+Scarlett would not produce good result without additional clan preamps like Cloudlifter, Fethead etc.

Rode Wireless Go is good if she is only recording her own voice, otherwise not ideal.

That's actually what I ended up gettting. Seems to have some advantaged over the deity v-mic d3 pro and a much simpler setup than the SM7. I actually called up a music store and talked with someone for a bit and they said this is the best she can get without needing proper editing software.