Case fans not appearing in device manager, can not see in BIOS

PugPlasma

Hello, I have a b550 vision d motherboard, and have 6 lian li sl 120 case fans. The 6 fans are chained into 2 separate sets of 3 which I hooked up to the lian li fan controller. The fans work and light up fine, but the fans are not appearing in the bios and I can not update their profiles or change their lighting. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

I am not sure here, but when I use my Corsair FCtrl. the single fans don't appear in the BIOS either; but I can tweak them via software in windows just fine.

Are the fans connected to the motherboard or a hub that connects to the motherboard via a 3-pin or 4-pin RGB header?
If not, the motherboard will not be able to control them.

elephants

Just now, FakeKGB said:

Are the fans connected to the motherboard or a hub that connects to the motherboard via a 3-pin or 4-pin RGB header?
If not, the motherboard will not be able to control them.

he said, " I hooked up to the lian li fan controller" so I assume that's why he doesn't see em

Just now, hayate adil said:

he said, " I hooked up to the lian li fan controller" so I assume that's why he doesn't see em

Some fan controllers have a connection to a motherboard RGB header. I wasn't able to find a good image of the fan controller online, so I asked OP.

elephants

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

Some fan controllers have a connection to a motherboard RGB header. I wasn't able to find a good image of the fan controller online, so I asked OP.

ah okay I didn't know there were controllers whose RGB you could directly plug into the MB

The fan controller is hooked up to a usb port, a fan port, and a 3 pin led port 

I should mention that the fans are not even appearing in the device manager

yeah that seems normal to me; 

Just try adjusting the speed in windows, not in the BIOS afaik it won't show up

The lian li, nzxt, and gigabyte software have not been working for me. Mostly I am trying to change the rgb colors to not be the default rainbow 

• 1 year later...
On 3/12/2021 at 3:24 PM, PugPlasma said:

Hello, I have a b550 vision d motherboard, and have 6 lian li sl 120 case fans. The 6 fans are chained into 2 separate sets of 3 which I hooked up to the lian li fan controller. The fans work and light up fine, but the fans are not appearing in the bios and I can not update their profiles or change their lighting. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Did you found any solution? I'm having the same problem on my i7 12700k with a Z690 Maximus Hero. Can´t find anything to control the rgb :/