Alt tabbing, refresh rate and borderless windowed mode have ruined my gaming experience. please save a desperate gamer in need

thDel

fellow gamers, my gaming experience has recently come under ruin.

Last month I purchased my first high refresh rate screen, my first ever monitor above 30hz.

i set it up and set up one of my favourite games, rainbow 6 siege, in full screen to experience 144hz. it was glorious but i realised that i could not watch youtube while gaming. so i went back to borderless, and changed my desktop refresh rate to 144hz so i could have epic smoothness and youtube, but alas it could not be. my game is stuck in 60hz, better then 30hz but nothing compared to the glory i tasted.

additionally, in borderless windowed, every once in a while when i alt+tab out of game to pause my youtube, the game just crashes. this has meant i have not been able to play a siege ranked let alone a rust wipe without wanting to jump off a bridge.

i have gone down two ranks from forfieted siege games, rage quit rust from 1 hour queues for every 10 minutes of gmaing and im not even gettign 144hz. 

please save me.

Just now, thDel said:

fellow gamers, my gaming experience has recently come under ruin.

Last month I purchased my first high refresh rate screen, my first ever monitor above 30hz.

i set it up and set up one of my favourite games, rainbow 6 siege, in full screen to experience 144hz. it was glorious but i realised that i could not watch youtube while gaming. so i went back to borderless, and changed my desktop refresh rate to 144hz so i could have epic smoothness and youtube, but alas it could not be. my game is stuck in 60hz, better then 30hz but nothing compared to the glory i tasted.

additionally, in borderless windowed, every once in a while when i alt+tab out of game to pause my youtube, the game just crashes. this has meant i have not been able to play a siege ranked let alone a rust wipe without wanting to jump off a bridge.

i have gone down two ranks from forfieted siege games, rage quit rust from 1 hour queues for every 10 minutes of gmaing and im not even gettign 144hz. 

please save me.

almost forgot, specs might be useful, 

gigabyte g27q monitor

rdk580-rgb keyboard

g pro wirless

void pro surround

samsung 4k 30hz 27in monitor (not sure of exact name)