Which motherboard?

I want to build a new PC.  I want to make sure I get the right motherboard for my needs.  

Can somebody please recommend an Asus or Gigabyte motherboard for about £300 ($420) - £500 ($700) that will fit all my components.

I want to make sure I get a motherboard that will have enough PCIe slots and at the right speeds.  The board also needs to have at least 8 USB ports.  4 of those USB ports need to be USB 3. 

This is going to be my build.   

CPU - i9-11900KS

Sound card – Asus Essence STX II 7.1 (this sound card has a motherboard and daughterboard each need a PCIe slot)

Graphics card - RTX 3080

SSD - PCIe 4.0 NVMe - WD Black SN850 2TB M.2

Memory - Crucial Ballistix MAX 2 x 16GB 4000MHz. 

1 minute ago, Ennogs said:

I want to build a new PC.  I want to make sure I get the right motherboard for my needs.  

Can somebody please recommend an Asus or Gigabyte motherboard for about £300 ($420) - £500 ($700) that will fit all my components.

I want to make sure I get a motherboard that will have enough PCIe slots and at the right speeds.  The board also needs to have at least 8 USB ports.  4 of those USB ports need to be USB 3. 

CPU - i9-11900KS

Sound card – Asus Essence STX II 7.1 (this sound card has a motherboard and daughterboard each need a PCIe slot)

Graphics card - RTX 3080

- i9-11900KS
8 cores?
better off getting even a 5800x
Also, nobody using consumer hardware (i3-i9 & R3-R9) needs a $400 motherboard unless you have a really specific use case.

Just now, curiousmind34 said:

- i9-11900KS
8 cores?
better off getting even a 5800x
Also, nobody using consumer hardware (i3-i9 & R3-R9) needs a $400 motherboard unless you have a really specific use case.

look at their setup and tell me they're not splurging on literally every single goddamn part of their build, it's like they're begging to spend money lmao. I'm wondering why they didn't go 5950X+X570

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

1 minute ago, DaJakerBoss said:

look at their setup and tell me they're not splurging on literally every single goddamn part of their build, it's like they're begging to spend money lmao. I'm wondering why they didn't go 5950X+X570

it's fine, don't shame people that can spend more money to have a better product. however even if you are spending 2500 pounds, try to get good value. And yes, 5900x +x570 makes wayyy more sense than anything rocket lake

18 minutes ago, Ennogs said:

CPU - i9-11900KS

Graphics card - RTX 3080

The 11900k seems to be a disaster for what you're going to pay. It might yeild slightly better gaming performance than the 5950x or 5900x, but that's all it really has going for it. I would probably recommend an AMD chip, but I can't stop you. 

The Gigabyte z590 aorus elite should be a decent budget offering- and should be all you need for stock operation, uhhh I might recommend the GIGABYTE Z590 Aorus Tachyon if you really want to push your cpu, it looks like it's going to be one of the best overclocking motherboards, I beileve the ROG z590-f, z590-e, ROG Maximus XIII HERO, and Rog Maximus XIII Extreme are all quite good, the extreme might be a little out of your budget. They're all very premium boards, The Maximus boards should be better suited for overclocking. The AsRock taichi z590 seems to be decent, and the z590 aorus master and ultra seem to be good as well. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

7 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

I am replacing a 5 years old PC.  When I build a new PC I try to build with the best components I can afford at the time and keep the PC for about 5 - 6 years.  

1 minute ago, curiousmind34 said:

it's fine, don't shame people that can spend more money to have a better product. however even if you are spending 2500 pounds, try to get good value. And yes, 5900x +x570 makes wayyy more sense than anything rocket lake

That's my point here. No shame, but if you're going to splurge, just get the 5950X + ASRock X570 Taichi (has exactly 8 USB ports, one is USB-C though so be aware of that). The money from an objectively quality but cheaper board saved can go to that 5950X and smash through whatever in god's name you want to do with it. Oh, also 3 NVMe PCIe Gen 4 slots with active cooling from the chipset for your fancy.

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

Just now, Ennogs said:

I am replacing a 5 years old PC.  When I build a new PC I try to build with the best components I can afford at the time and keep the PC for about 5 - 6 years.  

an 11900k shouldn't really be worth it, the 5900x or 5950x should perform similarly or better to the 11900k in even gaming workloads, and wreck it in any multi threaded workloads. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

1 minute ago, Ennogs said:

I would NOT go with an 11900KS.

Only 8 cores, lots of heat for not an amazing amount of performance, and the end of a socket.

Get a 5900X/5950X and a nice X570 board if you want the best components.

elephants