Loud H100i

ryanw7196

Built a new PC roughly mid December and the AIO I chose is having fits already. As in the pic, it is mounted front case vertical with the tubes facing downwards and the pump tubes coming from the right side. Every 5-6 seconds I am getting a noticeable creaking/vibrating/rattling noise from the pump, like someone opening an old door hinge for a split second, this noise is not accompanied by any type of gurgle or swish, everything is quiet as can be except for the creaking noise. It goes away if I position the case almost on its back nestled against the wall and stays away for an hour or two but always comes back if i put the case back in its normal position. Is this anything I can even fix or is this a corsair problem?

It is making me want to go back to an air cooler but all my damn lights are configured with icue and it hasnt meshed that well with aurasync so any air cooler I choose would not only mean a good bit of time reconfiguring the case layout but probably some lacking rgb synchronization. I obviously cannot put the radiator at the top (phanteks p400a) and according to gamers nexus mounting the tubes on top vertical is a bad idea so I am not sure what I could possibly be doing different to eliminate this noise. Is this an RMA? Anyone else face this?

IMG_20210228_074704.jpg

Probably just an air bubble trapped in the pump. I've had this happen before, just tilt the PC back and move it around a bit to get it to move away from the pump.

Might also help to put the pump on Performance mode in Corsair iCue, and make sure the pump is getting 12V from the motherboard (if it's plugged in to a regular fan header make sure its set to 100%)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450