Upgrading the old VR PC

Exia 00

Budget (including currency): £600

Hello everyone,

So it's that time when the old system is just not doing as well as it used to do, so i'm building a new one.

I wanted to get an opinion on the parts i'm selecting and see if anyone had any recommendations. I'm keeping the GTX 1070 as this has been running fine for the last two years I've owned it, plus buying a new one is impossoble.

It's mostly going to be used for VR on my Rift S and some games like Doom eternal, Battletech & Cyberpunk 2077.

Parts are a follows:

Old system

• Intel i7 3770
  • ASUS Sabertooth P67 r3
  • 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 2133 MHz
  • Cooler Master Evo 212
  • Palit Jetstream GTX 1070
  • Phanteks Eclipse P350X Case

I've posted up a photo of the PC. It's an old setup but I try to take care of it.

20210307_205728.jpg

If you cannot say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything.

I think you Should be good but if you want raytracing I whould do a rtx card for games like cyberpunk and etc but there is a stock shortige so you should keep it for right now but it so far looks good you should change the cpu to a core i7 10th gen its a little more expensive but you get better fps i suggustt if you get a 10th gen i7 you get a MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Gaming Motherboard or a MSI MAG Z490 Tomahawk Gaming Motherboard 

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so it seems my budget might not allow me to get the Ryzen 7 3700x so i'm wondering if a Ryzen 5 3600 will be a worthy downgrade and still allow me to do the things i've listed in my original post?

If you cannot say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything.

Bump

• 2 weeks later...

With all that's been going on this past year I was really looking forward to building a new system.

My Part list changed a bit, so I now have an MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk motherboard, 16gb (2x8gb) Corsair Vengance pro RGB ram and a 250gb WD blus NVMe drive in the living room waiting to be setup.

However, I think i may have got scammed with the CPU. I ordered a Ryzen 5 3600x from a company that has great reviews and I got it for a decent price. Unfortunately, it hasn't arrived. I was given a shipping tracking number which doesn't show anything and when I try to call the company about it, no one picks up. I've emailed them with no reply.

So yeah, feels like I got scammed out of £200.

Maybe i should have done more research on the company, but it's such a kick in the teeth. I lost my job at the beginning of the pandemic because if it and it's been a struggle money wise, staying a float. VRchat saved me from going down the mental drain. The people I've met there really kept my spirits up and when my current system started to fail, knowing I couldn't interact with them was a downer.

I did land a new job that i'm waiting to start next month which after a whole year  is just a bloody amazing feeling, plus I came into some funds so I could build this system after moving into a new home and then this happens. I feel robbed, which until the comapny responds to my emails makes sense imo. I don't have another £200 to get a replacement, so yeah thanks shitty scammer.

Beware of deals that look really good, even slightly. It may bite your arse off.

Edited by Exia 00