Need help fps capping on RE2 and RE3

Thrill

Hello,

I have a question about RE2 remake game. I have 3900x/3090 and been trying to play this game on max settings (only with 100% resolution) at 1440p. However whether i set everything to low or high, the fps is always capped around 130 (bouncing between 126-130).

On the settings I turned off vsync, fps at 165hz (which is my monitors refresh rate) and framerate to variable.

I tried to reinstall the game and update all my drivers but it seems to not fix this problem. I see other people with the same rig and getting well over 200+ fps. And other games' performances are normal and fine for me.

Can anyone tell me if they seen this issue before and what steps I can do to get my fps higher?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Thrill said:

Hello,

I have a question about RE2 remake game. I have 3900x/3090 and been trying to play this game on max settings (only with 100% resolution) at 1440p. However whether i set everything to low or high, the fps is always capped around 130 (bouncing between 126-130).

On the settings I turned off vsync, fps at 165hz (which is my monitors refresh rate) and framerate to variable.

I tried to reinstall the game and update all my drivers but it seems to not fix this problem. I see other people with the same rig and getting well over 200+ fps. And other games' performances are normal and fine for me.

Can anyone tell me if they seen this issue before and what steps I can do to get my fps higher?

Thank you

No offence, but why are you worried about getting 200+ fps when you have a very playable 125-130 already?

I don't think you will be able to even tell the difference between 200 and 130.

Once it goes past 60-70 and into the low 100s I don't think anyone can actually tell the difference. 

Just enjoy it at 130, mate.

It's all good man. I just always make sure that a product performs the way its supposed to at least with respect to other people's with the same specs.

If you got a ferrari that does 0 to 100 in 3 secs while everyone else is around 2 secs, it kinda bothers me. 

Anyways I found out why its stuck at 130, when you play on controller it caps the fps in that range but as soon as you disconnect the controller it releases the cap. Hopefully capcom fixes this. Hope this helps anyone who searches this.

26 minutes ago, Thrill said:

It's all good man. I just always make sure that a product performs the way its supposed to at least with respect to other people's with the same specs.

If you got a ferrari that does 0 to 100 in 3 secs while everyone else is around 2 secs, it kinda bothers me. 

Anyways I found out why its stuck at 130, when you play on controller it caps the fps in that range but as soon as you disconnect the controller it releases the cap. Hopefully capcom fixes this. Hope this helps anyone who searches this.

No problem, and I had no idea about the controller enabling a frame rate cap...that's bizarre.