AMD FX-8350 having issues

Chris Cook
Go to solution Solved by Chris Cook,

After doing a complete reinstall of Windows I can report at this time that I've managed to get the system stability back.  Prime95 ran for all most an hour loading up all 8 cores, and all 32gb of ram and reported no issues when the previous attempts had reported issues within 7-10 minutes.  There has been no crashed in games.  So I think it is safe to say that this issue has been resolved.  

What I have learned from this experience.  Don't be afraid to reinstall Windows from time to time.  it can save you a lot of headaches 

I have an older system that seems to be having issues with random freezes, BSOD and just general instability.  And I can't seem to track down the cause of the issues.  I have done some testing using Memtest86 and it reported a hardware failure issue Ran Memtest86 for about 12 hours and there were no errors with the Ram.  Rand Windows Memory Diagnostic and it hard locked on running 9 out of 15 passes, Rolled back to more stable Graphics drivers.  The only thing that I can think of is that the CPU is dying or that possibly the Ram is an issue.   

I have recently swappout out a hard drive had a WD Green Hard Drive start to develop issues with Read Error Rate and Current Pending Sector Count, PSU and the Ram.  The new Ram is actually slower than the old Ram the old Ram was (9-9-9-30)  The Old PSU, was just that, OLD and was starting to fail.  

If it is the processor that is dying, does anyone know where you can get a new one.  or has one laying around perhaps,  I upgrade when I can.... and having to drop cash on moving to Zen with needing new Mb CPU and Ram has been a real barrier.  

• Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970 DS3p (Rev 1.0) Bios Version f2j
  • Processor: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition (Stock Wraith Cooler) MB Auto Clocks (Clocks to about 4019Mhz from Motherboard)
  • RAM: 32Gb Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 DDR3 1600Mhz (10-10-10-27)  (XMP Profile 1)
  • Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6Gb SC
  • PSU: Corsair 750RM Modular Power Support
  • OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version (2H2, Build: 19042.844) -- Hasn't been reinstalled Since Initial Windows 10 Release
  • Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB (Boot), WD Green 4TB 5400 RPM HDD, WD_BLACK 7200 RPM 4TB 

BSOD ERRORS Since Monday March 1st (In No specific order)

• IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA
  • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
  • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
  • KERNEL_HEAP_CORRUPTION
  • KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
  • UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Not all Crashes created a dump file.  But have attached the ones I have

Also when running Prime 95

[Sat Mar 06 03:02:13 2021]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
Self-test 640K passed!
Self-test 640K passed!
Self-test 640K passed!
Self-test 640K passed!
FATAL ERROR: Final result was A98437A5, expected: 9A1DC942.
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
Self-test 640K passed!
Self-test 640K passed!

Both errors showed up within the first 10 or so minutes of running, Torture Test settings were set to balanced

030621-12812-01.zip 030621-8625-01.zip 030521-9484-01.zip

Sounds like the mobo is failing, and taking everything else with it.

The FX line is ancient, time to start saving up for a new system.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I appreciate the feedback.  The system has seemed to have stabalized itself somewhat.  And as for moving to a new platform.  it would be great, but being on a government disability doesn't make it all that easy, especially with the price of things.  And not to mention trying to find a place that would allow me to make monthly payments on a new system that doesn't rip of you off in the end, is extremely hard to do, especially here in Canada.  

But I am going to try a complete fresh install of the OS and see it that perhaps completely fixes things, here's hoping anyways.  

After doing a complete reinstall of Windows I can report at this time that I've managed to get the system stability back.  Prime95 ran for all most an hour loading up all 8 cores, and all 32gb of ram and reported no issues when the previous attempts had reported issues within 7-10 minutes.  There has been no crashed in games.  So I think it is safe to say that this issue has been resolved.  

What I have learned from this experience.  Don't be afraid to reinstall Windows from time to time.  it can save you a lot of headaches