Bitfenix Prodidy Fans and Power Supplies

I am doing a build in a bitfenix prodigy (the white version) and I am going to be using a Xigmatech dark night 2 cpu cooler and I am not too sure as to how to do my fan configuration. I would like to have a front 230mm and i dont know if it is the right thing to do by adding 2 120mm fans on the top pannel as intakes, and then just have a single 140mm fan as exhaust. Also I am having a lot of trouble finding a suitable psu, I have thought about the ocz zt 650 (i5 3570k, going to overclok on asus p8z77 i-delux, gigabyte 7950) and i know i could get away with 550 wats but the 650 is $10 less (go figure) I will be doing custom sleeving and i dont want to have the hassle of messsing with semi-modular. 

Thanks 

SpaghettBatman

Adding 2 120mm on top as intake is a good idea because the Gigabyte 7950 is an open air design and the extra airflow will keep it cool. I'd change the power supply to Seasonic's X-650 which is higher quality and a lot more reliable.

the problem with that is I cant find any fully modular psus that will fit in my case :/

its not fully modular.. :/ Much harder to sleeve

The Silverstone Strider Gold 650W that killerx525 mentioned should easily fit as its only 140mm deep. It's the one I plan on getting for my Prodigy build as well.

Another option you can do if the PSU is a cm or two too long is to add some motherboard standoffs onto the back of the PSU mounting plate. It's not an ideal situation but it definitely works and really doesn't look too bad. I did mine like this as I just wasn't too comfortable squishing my cables too much. 

Here's a photo if you are interested:

img1502x.jpg

img1503o.jpg

You could even paint the standoffs if you wanted.

The Orange Box - Bitfenix Prodigy (Orange) / Asrock Z77E-ITX / Intel i5 2400 3.1GHz / Corsair H90 / 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 1600mhz / GTX 460 Super OC / Intel 60GB SSD / 1TB Seagate Barracuda / Seasonic G-Series 650W PSU

using the motherboard standoff was a really good idea. Does not look to bad either.

Asus Maximus VI Hero , i5 4670k , 8gb Corsair vengeance ddr3, Asus HD 7970 matrix platinum, Corsair AX860, Ocz agility 3 120gb ssd, 1tb wd green hdd, custom water loop. All in an Antec p280

wow, that looks great, problem is that I will be moving my build around alot and I really want the size of the psu o be a non-issue 

The PSU like that is absolutely no issue to me whatsoever, and I have been taking this thing back & forth from University quite a lot.

I have indeed seen the mesh fronts, although I don't have too much of an issue with air flow in my case, I still  plan on getting one though. My build is definitely not finished, going to get the mesh front with either 2 x 120mm LED fans or 1x200mm fan behind it. I also need to find a quieter 140mm fan for the Corsair H90 (I haven't seen anyone else with an H90 in a prodigy) I have in there as is stupidly loud.

My temps with the solid front panel are about 45'C for the CPU under load and about 55-60'C for the GPU (just in case you were wondering)

The Orange Box - Bitfenix Prodigy (Orange) / Asrock Z77E-ITX / Intel i5 2400 3.1GHz / Corsair H90 / 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 1600mhz / GTX 460 Super OC / Intel 60GB SSD / 1TB Seagate Barracuda / Seasonic G-Series 650W PSU

I would like to have a front 230mm and i dont know if it is the right thing to do by adding 2 120mm fans on the top pannel as intakes, and then just have a single 140mm fan as exhaust.

That's exactly what I've done. I did have problems with the top back fan when I added a dust filter because my CPU cooler was too tall (Cooler Master 412s) so I had to get a slim fan... So that's one thing to think about. So this is my fan config:

Front: BitFenix Spectre Red LED 230mm (non pro, because less noise) 

Top front: BitFenix Spectre Pro 120mm + Silverstone dust filter (extra)

Top back: Scythe Slipstream Slim 120mm + Silverstone dust filter

Back exhaust: Prolimatech Red Vortex 140mm

The CPU cooler fan is still by far the loudest, I will replace it soon.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

have you looked into the Cougar fans? there orange and black, blue, green or just black and pretty good quality too.

http://www.cougar-world.com/products/fans.html

also for PSU, try looking at the Evga supernova series, i got a gold series 750w, you can also get a 650w. they are fully modular and quiet and nice build quality, black wires that have nice sleaving.

http://www.evga.com/Products/ProductList.aspx?type=10

hope that helps you

got to love Asus components

also for PSU, try looking at the Evga supernova series, i got a gold series 750w, you can also get a 650w. they are fully modular and quiet and nice build quality, black wires that have nice sleaving.

http://www.evga.com/Products/ProductList.aspx?type=10

Even with the motherboard standoff trick would the EVGA even fit? That's a 180mm PSU if I'm not mistaken and I've read of many people having trouble with 160mm modular PSUs in the Prodigy.

Even with the motherboard standoff trick would the EVGA even fit? That's a 180mm PSU if I'm not mistaken and I've read of many people having trouble with 160mm modular PSUs in the Prodigy.

I don't think it would. Another trick I've seen people do is to cut a hole in the PSU mounting cage so that the wires don't have to be squished up against the metal. However I don't really see the hassle in doing this unless you are into modding and have tools like a Dremel. There is a massive selection of Power Supplies out there and with the amount of build logs I've seen of the prodigy there are enough that fit.

I have a Silverstone PSU in my Prodigy. Its 550w and fully modular and fits pretty good. A bit tight to get in, but I do not need any spacers in the back and it does fit. Here is a link to the PSU.

http://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Strider-Series-Modular-ST55F-G/dp/B009FU2A40/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1368057569&sr=8-3&keywords=silverstone+tek+strider

thanks guys for the imput, btw Skrumpi, love the derpy charmander :P

I thought from looking at Linus review video on the Prodigy that it would take a standard PSU, if you can get smaller ones that would give you more room.

got to love Asus components