Power performance settings issue

Darklighter44

Good day,

My son has been having a strange issue with his PC. He has the current version of Win10 Pro, an AMD 3700x and a MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk.

The issue is when setting the power performance to High the setting does not hold and randomly reverts to the balanced setting. I have tired creating a custom setting to see if that will fix it, but I was able to see it switch back to balanced right afterwards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Darklighter44 said:

Good day,

My son has been having a strange issue with his PC. He has the current version of Win10 Pro, an AMD 3700x and a MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk.

The issue is when setting the power performance to High the setting does not hold and randomly reverts to the balanced setting. I have tired creating a custom setting to see if that will fix it, but I was able to see it switch back to balanced right afterwards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you have an MSI motherboard and Dragon Center installed, it will automatically set the power plan to he configuration in dragon center. Try setting the power plan in dragon center to max performance (or download it and set it)

1 hour ago, curiousmind34 said:

If you have an MSI motherboard and Dragon Center installed, it will automatically set the power plan to he configuration in dragon center. Try setting the power plan in dragon center to max performance (or download it and set it)

Thank you.

that seems to have worked. I didn’t realize Dragon Centre control the power settings that way.