3D active shutter glasses

I just saw this is supported on my monitor - I did try that out like 15 years ago or so on a ps3 and I thought it's actually cool... but now my question is, what exactly do I need and is this still supported? 

In ROTTR it let me select it so I suppose it would work. But now, what glasses, and do I really need an emitter? Because active shutter 3d glasses seem cheap enough, but the emitters are all damn expensive... so are there any glasses that work with a cable, and would they still be supported by 3d vision (where'd I plug them in?) 

Basically what's the cheapest way to get this stereoscopic 3d working on my setup? (sig) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Some monitors have the emitter built in, though I'm not sure if any recent monitors offer this feature, since 3D vision hasn't been very popular in the past 5 years. The emitter is necessary, as it syncs the glasses with what the display is outputting. The rumor I've heard is that Nvidia did at one point did make glasses with a cable, though they were discontinued, and I've never seen any for sale.