Screen Tear Issue

yeetpeople

In both Modern Warfare (2019) and Black Ops Cold War, I've recently encountered a singular persistent horizontal screen tear in the centre of the screen. I have V-sync on and I have the frame-rate capped at 60 (I have a 60hz monitor).  I tried scanning and repairing and that did nothing, I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that also didn't work. I regularly also play games like Stardew Valley and CSGO and I haven't encountered any such issues. It's getting insufferable as it being in the centre makes it so I can never see anyone properly when I ADS. Please help :)

My system:

i7-9700

RTX 2060 (I play with RTX off)

Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 2x8GB 2933 Mhz

14 minutes ago, yeetpeople said:

In both Modern Warfare (2019) and Black Ops Cold War, I've recently encountered a singular persistent horizontal screen tear in the centre of the screen. I have V-sync on and I have the frame-rate capped at 60 (I have a 60hz monitor).  I tried scanning and repairing and that did nothing, I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that also didn't work. I regularly also play games like Stardew Valley and CSGO and I haven't encountered any such issues. It's getting insufferable as it being in the centre makes it so I can never see anyone properly when I ADS. Please help 🙂

My system:

i7-9700

RTX 2060 (I play with RTX off)

Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 2x8GB 2933 Mhz

Are you able to test different ports on the GPU for the monitor you are using? This could be a worn off cable, or a cable that is positioned at a bad angle. 

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

42 minutes ago, 1ppOverheat said:

Are you able to test different ports on the GPU for the monitor you are using? This could be a worn off cable, or a cable that is positioned at a bad angle. 

The monitor supports vga and hdmi and I don't have a vga cable. i wiggled the HDMI cable around and even switched it to the one I use on my xbox one which works perfectly and the issue is still there.

1 hour ago, 1ppOverheat said:

So I just tried to screen record the issue with OBS and I could see it while recording it, but when I watched the video back, the screen tear wasn't visible. I'm not great with PC's so I don't know if this was an expected outcome but it's just a little weird.

3 hours ago, yeetpeople said:

So I just tried to screen record the issue with OBS and I could see it while recording it, but when I watched the video back, the screen tear wasn't visible. I'm not great with PC's so I don't know if this was an expected outcome but it's just a little weird.

Then its most likely a broken monitor.. 

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

7 minutes ago, 1ppOverheat said:

Then its most likely a broken monitor.. 

I considered this, but it's only an issue with Modern Warfare and Cold War and no other apps or games. Like when watching videos and films or just scrolling through stuff it's not apparent.