Isolate Personal Files from Work Files (Security)

Aypifox

Hello!

So I've recently got a new job and they gave me a laptop to work on. Although very kind of them, I was wondering if there was a way for me to use my two screen setup for work.

I want it to be isolated though as if I get a virus on my personal account, that it doesnt transfer to the work account. 

Of course, I believe that having a second user on my windows would not prevent that, so I was wondering how I could have two isolated workspaces to make sure I never be the cause of problems in my new job. Thank you!

Hmm.... You could use a vm, so the work "pc" is just a virtual PC, any virus in it couldn't contaminatr your personal files, but I don't believe the work "PC" would be safe from a problem with the personal one..

Or you could do a dual boot and have full disc encryption on both....

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I agree with HelpfulTechWizard. 

In Mutahar's words, I'd vm everything, lol. 

In a serious note, I would have an external drive that you save back ups to. Perhaps you could do one for work and one for personal, or put both on the same drive, it's all up to you. 

I may be stupid, but at least I'm not an idiot.