ultrabook clock speed

hey guys i am just wondering does the low clock speed i have been seeing on ultrabooks affect too much performance for example i saw a laptop that had a clock speed of 1.7 ghz will that affect any programs performance like in day to day use like web browsers, microsft word boot time stuff like that.

thanks in advance guys

Wwll of course it will ultra books are made to be small and portable not to be powerful while in office and browser it should be decent it might have lag spikes ultrabooks in a way are just oversized smart phones lol. Will you be able to use it for office and browsing yes most defiantly, will it lag at times yes, will it multitask not well, laptops especially ultra books are not and were never meant ot be primary pcs although people feel there are and use them as such that was never there intent. I know you didn't ask but my opinion would be to just get a smart phone and a desktop unless you already have one lol. But to answer your question it should be fine for browsing 1 or 2 tabs and wacthing videos don't run multiple applications at once or too many tabs and you should be fine.

As to boot time and load times yes most defiantly again there made to be light and portable not performance. And as for running intense progams photoshop ect it would be miserable to even attempt lol.