black screen crashing

keatond27

over the past few months about 20 times while i have been using my pc it wil crash. everything goes black and the monitor says no display. i also get no sound. i am forced to turn off the pc when this happens but just pressing the power buton doesnt work i need to hold down the power button. all of the lighting stays on. all my graphics drivers are up to date. i have an rx 580 r5 1600 and all matching 3200 speed memory. any thoughts?

2 minutes ago, keatond27 said:

over the past few months about 20 times while i have been using my pc it wil crash. everything goes black and the monitor says no display. i also get no sound. i am forced to turn off the pc when this happens but just pressing the power buton doesnt work i need to hold down the power button. all of the lighting stays on. all my graphics drivers are up to date. i have an rx 580 r5 1600 and all matching 3200 speed memory. any thoughts?

List all your PC components.

You'll need another GPU to test if it's GPU related. Remove the RX 580, and run another stable GPU that you trust to see if the problem still persists.

If you have two ram sticks, remove one, and run the PC on one ram sticks and see if the problem persists.

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2021 at 1:22 PM, keatond27 said:

Have you solved the problem or at least figure out what was wrong?