Aussie Pc Build Stream + Gaming

DragonTactician

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Warhammer 2 (3), Apex Legends, Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous, Black Desert Online, Streaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  My old pc was a intel 5930k with a 1080ti and a msi gaming 9 ack motherboard that went crazy with bios showing symbols, with 16 gigs of ram. I am never had 4k gaming or HDR gaming so aiming towards that goal, as ive always being gaming at 60-100fps with 27 inch monitors and a 34" acer 3440x1440 for a while but now will be using a lg cx 55".

Hi guys, i am looking at building a new pc, as my old pc recently had issues with the mother board and psu and the pc is now 6 years old, i am looking at something for streaming and gaming, but its going to be a bit different, as i have already chosen the case, i plan on buying the Lian Li Dynamic XL, and doing my first water cooled build. Whats tricky is in Australia we cant buy the LG CX 48", if i import it no warrenty or anything so im screwed, however i managed to get a really good deal cheaper then the lg cx 48" here for the 55", the 48" here was 2,799 AUD, where as the 55" is 3299 but always around 3,000, but due to Covid i was able to get it for 2,350 AUD, which i couldnt say no too. Also this will be my first time with such a huge screen but i have the space for it, but what i really wanted for years and years was 4k HDR gaming, which is why i really wanted it.

Over the years ive never had anything over 60-100 fps while gaming, so the pc needs to have the performance to handle the 4k, the games i plan are Black Desert Online, Elite Dangerous (Sometimes VR), and i love total war warhammer 2 and 3 is being worked on so i need something to can handle those huge armie clashes that ive been addicted too for a while now. But deciding the case is easy, the ram is preety stright forward, i know for 4k, my current 1080ti wont handle the lg cx 55" so i know till i can get something better i have to limit my self in the settings, however i do have an xbox series x that can help fill that void, but as a lot of people are also having issues getting a 3080 or any nvidia card at the moment.

But when it boils down to streaming and 4k content, all the research leads me in loops, as i keep reading about how for streaming and gaming intel is still king, but amd 5800X is really good as well, but when it comes to streaming intel is better, as for graphics card, from what ive read the amd cards arent as good as nvidia and same goes streaming wise, but the cpu the differences are so slight that you can go either way without issue, as for graphics card the amd cant handle the 4k as well as nvidia, but people saying that the next generation of amd graphics card will and slap nvidia around ^^.

So i am having trouble trying to nail down the motherboard the cpu and gpu, and wanted to get advice, i dont have a heap of money to buy everything at once, so ive brought the case and the memory and some ssds, as there cheaper and i can buy usually something every 2 weeks, but now its getting to the core the cpu motherboard and gpu, the gpu will take time as i cant get one any where and its been that way in australia for the last few months, there are some stores that are still processing pre orders from OCTOBER, but i would like to hear ideas about which graphic card would be better, i was going to do a team red build with a 5800X and a amd graphics card for the memory share but it wasnt as power as i was hoping, so i am tossing up whether to way for intel new cpu and see how that does, keep praying to range gods for 3080 stock in AU.

So it goes so far, i have

Lian Li Dynamic XL case

2 x WD 8TB 3.5 hard drives (data horde of my old anime and manga).

1 x Samsung 2TB SSD for gaming

i plan on getting a nvme pro drive 1tb or so for the operating system but havent yet,

i also plan on going 32gigs of trident rbg ram, 3200 or 3600, will look at ram more when i know the cpu and mothereboard and see what they support.

as for water cooling, i plan on going for a EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11D XL D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi which is 500 but it looks amazing in the case and a lot of builds on youtube used it and love it. I dont have much idea about the fans and radiators to use as most people seem to use 60mm rads on top and 40mm rads on bottom, but not sure why, and as for the tubing ive seen the frosted tubing and like the affect, think the ek mystic fog liquid will go well with it.

So hoping i can hear some advice and what people recommend.

Thank you for your time

DragonTactician

New Intel cpu should be released mid March. We should see independent reviews and benchmarks in the next e weeks.

At the moment your best bet for a cpu would be the AMD 5900X. There are a number of good B550 motherboards. Good choices include the Asus ROG Strix B550-E, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Carbon, and Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus.

GPU availability is likely to remain problematic for some time. My advice would be to save up as much as possible then keep an eye out for an available RTX 3080 or RTX 3090. Don't ignore the 3090. Because of the crazy pricing sometimes 3090 are available within 15% of 3080.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Thanks Brob, im looking forward to seeing the benchmarks that come out, one of the things i need in the motherboard is a load of usb ports, i have too many things plugged in, in elite dangerous im using the oculus rift s for 1 usb port and a display port, then another 2 usb porbs for the hotas and flight stick, then mouse and keyboard is another 3 ports, then portable hard drives, and one for the astro a20.

I always find it hard to managed the usb ports which is why i went for the lian li case, for the 4 3.5 drives, so i could transfer the data off portables and free up some usbs.

I have looked at the 3080 and 3090, i plan on trying to nab a aorus 3080 extreme water force card, the ones that already have the waterblock on them. As it will be my first time doing a water cooling loop. The card im using at the moment is a 1080ti Aorus and it did well, hoping the aorus brand keeps the performance going.

I had a look at motherboards you like and they had really good reviews, and the price point was excellant, the only thing im worried about is the usb ports as i like to have more of those, i was looking at the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Motherboard, which im not sure of its performance or watercooling support, simply based on how many usb ports it has.I also saw there was msi godlike motherboards for 1300 dollars here but had less usb ports. I was getting the idea more usb ports the more expensive ^^. Also the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Motherboard, but im not sure which is better, just like the crosshair hero 10 usb ports on the back.

I would suggest not mixing rgb environments. If you are set on an Aorus gpu then get a Gigabyte motherboard. While there are some good ones, RGB Fusion has gotten a lot of negative comments.

The crosshair VII WiFi is a good but expensive motherboard. Did you consider the ROG Crosshair VIII Formula? If you settle on an Asus motherboard Asus has both RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 gpu with preinstalled EK water blocks.

I did see the formula motherboard and was learning towards it, althrough i was wondering why the intel verison has a led display on the motherboard that displays the temp, but the amd verison doesnt have it. But i do like the motherboard, the usb supports are great too and it has the waterblock for the vram cooling.

So it would definelty work well.

For the asus graphics card, its harder to find in australia, the price in au is 2,069 here, and for the 3090 verison it is 3,599, when i looked it up in the us the card was 899-999, when i did a usd to aud, the card was only 1,200 aud if brought in America, lol our stores are really violating our wallets, but it does look good and meet the requirements, i just gotta figure out how i can import one from the us, worried about the warrenty, but if i could pay 1,200 for a graphics card instead of the 2100 that would be for the best, just not sure how to get it.

I am trying to find a cpu block for the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula for water cooling the cpu but i cant seem to find one, there are others for the hero series and that, but i dont see a cpu block for the formula. After finally figuring out how to use the search feature of motherboards and looking up by the crosshair viii formula i saw 2 cpu blocks that i thought look nice,

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-velocity-d-rgb-amd-nickel-plexi

and https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-magnitude-d-rgb-am4-nickel-plexi

which i am considering not for the price tag but the fact that it won rewards and thinking it is a super cooler that would cool the cpu even better, as the study im in has no air con so hoping it would keep it cooler then others.

I wouldn't get too excited by the usd pricing. Right now newegg.com is out of stock and showing a price of US$2,054.99 for the RTX 3090.