PC Help!

fatal101st

Hey all,

So my PC has been acting weird. Randomly, the computer will power off and all the RGB/buttons will flash, then the PC will reboot. I'm unsure of the problem, all of the thermals are fine. Just trying to narrow it down before I spend money on something I don't need. Some have said the motherboard is dying, others have said PSU. Just needing a little help

I’m a M1 MacBook Pro 13” (16gb RAM, 256gb SSD) owner. This morning my Mac stopped working when I disconnected it from my USB-C dock. It just went black and when I tried turning it back on, it made a ticking noise. A quick google search and you find people with the same exact ticking noise and problem. Apparently disconnecting de USB-C dock from the Mac causes a short-circuit and the logic board, Touch ID and screen get basically fried. I called Apple support and explained to them that I’m not the only one having this problem but they were not aware of this issue. 

12 minutes ago, BillyGoat1776 said:

Not going to lie to you....many things could be causing this...

Can you provide some additional details about your config.?

What motherboard, CPU, memory is in this system?

What PSU (power supply)?

What graphics card?

What RGB software is installed on the system?

What OS are you running?

Thermals would have been my first guess....but you already said they were fine.  Can you post an HWMonitor screenshot of the thermals?  Also, wouldn't mind if you could check for voltage throttling using CPU-Z or GPU-Z

Post back if you need help with any of the above but you should find plenty of info. online regarding these tools.

Hope this helps...good luck 🙂

~Billy G.

Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (32gb)

PSU: Corsair CX750M

GPU: Gigabyte 2070 Super

RGB is built in with the case/fans, Thermaltake V71

HWMonitor.txt

1 minute ago, BillyGoat1776 said:

says tmpin5 is VRM....those can run hot....but still seems to high to me

what about a BIOS update, update motherboard drivers (windows update may have installed a driver that your board does not like...try the drivers downloaded from MSI....reinstall them)

Finally, don't want to bash Corsair here because I love their products....but that CX750 PSU is known to be garbage....do you have another PSU you can try?

Unfortunately not, that was going to be the purchase I made next to a new board. Open Hardware is showing CPU core temp at average of 120F. I'll check the BIOS for an update

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

@BillyGoat1776, several of your posts have been merged in this thread. Please avoid multiposting if possible. You can edit your posts if you need to add something. Posting multiple times in a row can be seen as spamming. This is forum, not Discord or other chatrooms.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv