Sharing application to discord using virtual desktops in Windows 10

I have a possibly pretty niche thing I want to do. I usually stream movies with friends over discord, I would have the movie fullscreen on my second monitor, and use Discord's screen share to share that application window in a live call with a friend or friends. I might be moving to a single monitor setup soon (mostly for simplicity and to cut down on clutter), so I wanted to figure out if I could do the same thing with virtual desktops, but Discord doesn't seem to be aware of any windows open on the second virtual desktop. I tried troubleshooting using OBS window capture and it has the same problem, so I'm assuming there's some sort of barrier between the two desktops that prevents them from being aware of the other's applications. I want to be fullscreen in the call on Discord, and I've had weird things where my mouse is visible on the livestream if it goes over where the video window is

Is there a way to overcome that barrier, or an alternative method to achieve this?

-= Topic Locked =-

Streaming any content that is copyrighted without the proper permissions is a form of piracy.

This topic violates the Community Standards.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER