Read me please! Computer crashy problems!

Harryoeo

Hi,

I’m far from good with PC’s but I built my own a few months ago (with pretty good specs). Everything ran well for a couple months but now I’m running in to some problems. 

After a couple of minutes in lobbies of games my screen flickers and my monitor turns off. Sometimes my PC restarts, sometimes my pc is on but nothing going through to my monitor, other times really weird flickers. 

When I restart my pc it sometimes opens the troubleshooting mode where you can either trouble shoot or power off. I can’t play any games and I don’t know what to do. It still lets me do everything other than gaming though. 

I have tried reinstalling my drivers, cleaning everything, reseating gpu, cleaning fans, doing temperature checks (all came back good), updates, scans for health, burn ins tests etc. All came back well but the issue is not fixed. 

on reliability monitor is says error codes 117 and 141 as critical errors at similar time. The GPU was a brand new, sealed RTX 2080ti from eBay (so warranty would be difficult to sort if my gpu is dead). 

I really don’t know what more I can do! Please, any help would mean the absolute world. 

a worried pc owner, 

Harry

Of course! I just read the read me before posting thread and face Palmed! 

below is my pet picker list. The only discrepancy is that the GPU I have isn’t MSI, it’s plait I think? Sorry, again I’m pretty terrible with computers! 

10 minutes ago, Harryoeo said:

Of course! I just read the read me before posting thread and face Palmed! 

below is my pet picker list. The only discrepancy is that the GPU I have isn’t MSI, it’s plait I think? Sorry, again I’m pretty terrible with computers! 

Quote people so they see your response

First glance nothing wrong. What I want you to do is monitor temps with either msi afterburner or gpu-z to see what the card does. I recommend you run something like unigene superposition benchmark in windowed mode and keep an eye out for what happens. Just to be sure I want you to also check the temps for the cpu with something like openhardwaremonitor or also in msi afterburner whichever you like. This would be a first step to see what is going on. I know you did tempchecks but this is more to start seeing a pattern because the moment you can replicate the problem reliably every time you can see what fixes it.

Also what case do you have?