WARZONE FPS DROP!!! Please Help

T. Snyder

Some reported that Firefox being opened messes with the VRAM. I, however, only ever have warzone open and I have been experiencing huge drops. My temps are perfect and I used to get 160fps consistently.  Now I'm lucky if I get 100fps. I have a 2080 super, 32gb ram, i7 10700k, 1440p 165hz monitor. When my fps drop, sometimes I'm able to fix it for 1 or two games by restarting or rebooting, but then it goes right back down for the next game. This is so frustrating. My 2 brothers have the same exact setup as me and they get 160fps consistently. I have no idea what's going on.

So far I have tried:

1. unistall/reinstall

2. reverting to the last Nvidia game ready driver that worked

3. setting warzone as a priority in task manager

4. dropping my graphics down super low in game

5. turning off g-sync

6.going into bios and making my ram go to 3600

7. scan/repair WARZONE

8.I'm sure there's something else I've done but can't think of.

9.Disable discord overlay

If anyone knows of a solution, let me know. It's crazy my $3k computer setup is doing this. smh

58 minutes ago, T. Snyder said:

Some reported that Firefox being opened messes with the VRAM. I, however, only ever have warzone open and I have been experiencing huge drops. My temps are perfect and I used to get 160fps consistently.  Now I'm lucky if I get 100fps. I have a 2080 super, 32gb ram, i7 10700k, 1440p 165hz monitor. When my fps drop, sometimes I'm able to fix it for 1 or two games by restarting or rebooting, but then it goes right back down for the next game. This is so frustrating. My 2 brothers have the same exact setup as me and they get 160fps consistently. I have no idea what's going on.

So far I have tried:

1. unistall/reinstall

2. reverting to the last Nvidia game ready driver that worked

3. setting warzone as a priority in task manager

4. dropping my graphics down super low in game

5. turning off g-sync

6.going into bios and making my ram go to 3600

7. scan/repair WARZONE

8.I'm sure there's something else I've done but can't think of.

9.Disable discord overlay

If anyone knows of a solution, let me know. It's crazy my $3k computer setup is doing this. smh

It seems like every day there is another thread asking about Warzone and frame rate issues.

That's not an attack on you at all, I'm just saying. 

I reckon it might be something deeper with that game, and there may not be much you can do about it.

I must confess, I've not had any serious issues - but I don't play it that much.

7 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

It seems like every day there is another thread asking about Warzone and frame rate issues.

That's not an attack on you at all, I'm just saying. 

I reckon it might be something deeper with that game, and there may not be much you can do about it.

I must confess, I've not had any serious issues - but I don't play it that much.

Yeah I know. I was just hoping someone on here randomly found something new.

Well, I'm not really clear about what your target framerate is? 

If it's 160 that's not gonna happen with your setup, I've also noticed that low settings don't do much for framerates at all, weirdly. Though that might change with patches I haven't tested it that much... 

But I can tell you at 1440p I get 120 fps *consistently* everything above is a crap shot, with unlocked framerates it goes to every thing between 100 and 170, weirdly enough as it can hold 120 just fine when I lock it there. (specs in sig so you can compare) 

But, the good news is they added 'dynamic resolution' yesterday, I suppose that's what can fix your 'issue', if it gets you to 160fps has to be seen (that seems your chosen 'target framerate'?) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity