fan configuration

whewston

I have 6 case fans, what is the best way to orientate them? I also have a double fan cpu cooler, the scythe ninja 5. what is the best orientation for my fans.

I have the cit alpha case which has 2 spots for fans on the top, 3 on the front (but 1 is kind of covered), one on the back and 2 on the bottom

If your case isn't on the ground, collecting dust, I would put 2 in the bottom pulling in, the CPU cooler at the top blowing out, load the front with intake and the rear with exhaust. You want positive pressure so the air coming in is forcibly only coming in through the filter. so 4 maybe 5 pulling in, 3 exhaust will do that.

20210211_201905.thumb.jpg.31999a843b18861b2547bf65a84d9528.jpg

1 hour ago, SethK said:

If your case isn't on the ground, collecting dust, I would put 2 in the bottom pulling in, the CPU cooler at the top blowing out, load the front with intake and the rear with exhaust. You want positive pressure so the air coming in is forcibly only coming in through the filter. so 4 maybe 5 pulling in, 3 exhaust will do that.

ok, my power supply is at the bottom, will this make any issues? - I haven't installed the cpu cooler yet, i will tomorrow. by the way my pc isn't going to be kept on the carpet anymore

Bottom fans are pointless unless you have ton of HDDs needing to be cooled, or unless you remove PSU shroud. Front intake, top/rear exhaust otherwise.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

As long as the power supply fan is drawing air from the bottom, the fans on the bottom would be redundant with the PSU shroud. It wont hurt and considering you have extra fans, why not? Otherwise, concentrate the fans at the front, CPU cooler should be at the top to my knowledge; I suspect the only time there is a discrepancy is if there's a bigger loop. If my 280 rad was at the front, my graphics card would throttle a lot. Just try to get heat out and try to aim for an extra fan as an intake than the exhaust for positive pressure. Just meet those requirements and you'll be good.