Video card displays wide vertical bars

CubesTheGamer

Hey all! So, here are my specs:

Sapphire 7870 2GB GHz Edition

AMD FX-8320

Team eXtreem 1600MHz 2x4GB

2x1TB drives

650W PSU

Just recently, my video card broke it seems. When I turn it on, there are wide, vertical bars stretching over my BIOS splash screen, over my Windows loading screen, etc. I also have Ubuntu installed and when it loads Oobo or whatever it is to let me choose which operating system I want to boot into, it gets even weirder...it looks like everything got mixed up like puzzle pieces put together wrong on my screen. When I try to load Windows, the vertical bars stay while it says "Windows is loading" or whatever the loading screen is for W7. After it finishes loading, I get a black screen with no vertical bars anymore and the OS never loads. Same with Ubuntu. I know it's not my monitor because I can play PS4 on it and it looks perfectly normal and I know it's not the DVI port on my monitor because I've used a different card and it worked fine and I know it's nothing in my computer because I swapped out for a different video card and it worked fine. What's the problem with my video card? I've sent in an RMA request but still want to know what the heck it could be! I've inspected the card and it looks uscaved / brand new with no scratches, etc. 

If you want, I can take pictures. Just ask if you want to see if you don't know what I mean

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.6GHz • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 FE @ 1683MHz •  16GB DDR4 @3200MHz

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/QuintonAjStevens/

That gpu is broken, the worst thing to do is panic is this situation like i did when i faced it for the first time, problems do happen and luckily there is little chance of it occurring but it sucks when it does happen. Your lucky its not an asus card as they will make you wait. Sapphire has pretty decent service from what ive seem(ive not had to rma one of their products yet).

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1