GPU running hotter

venomx

My GPU usually idles at 28c, however today its about 38c. Both fans spinning normally. Any ideas ?
I noticed something was odd when gaming, the fans were spinning faster

The only thing that's changed is upgrading to a 144hz monitor ( from a 60hz )

Untitled.png

Its because you're refreshing over 2x as much so your GPU core likely went up to a higher clock compared to a 60hz monitor. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Ok thanks. 

I also changed the power mode in the nvidia control panel to high performance rather than standard. And also enabled v sync  Could be why

I don't think refresh rate of monitor while idle (desktop) has to do with GPU temp,gpu temp should be same.

But in game ofc it has to do cuz it's rendering more pixels with higher rez.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Put performance mode to normal, switched to 60hz and it went right down to 28c. So at least now I know it is the refresh rate and performance mode.