Low fps on Valorant on a mid-range gaming laptop

Hey there.

My laptop (acer nitro 7, gtx 1660ti, i5 9300h, 8gb) runs valorant at ~ 100 fps and hits ~ 120 fps (max) when I'm looking at the sky / ground.

Valorant's spec sheet says that it needs a 1050ti to run 144+ fps in high settings.

I have tried the famous 'Disable fullscreen optimizations' tip, to no avail.

Lowering the in-game quality does not change the fps. (which makes sense to me as gpu utilization decreases)

On a side note, I do not think that it is a problem with my laptop since I've played PUBG on highest settings at 90fps.

Another note: I have undervolted my cpu to -0.137mv, to decrease heat.

Some laptops have different GPU's as desktops, even if it says its a 1660ti, it might be a mobile variant for a laptop, which may have power restrictions / different factory settings. You might have to look at your systems specs / stats and compare them to the Desktop 1660ti to see if they are similar. This happened with my Acer Predator 17X (i7-7820HK - GTX1080), which specifically mentioned it being a desktop GPU, not a mobile one. Check out the screenshot below. 

Screenshot 2021-02-20 105128.jpg

Just now, A.Hruskach said:

Some laptops have different GPU's as desktops, even if it says its a 1660ti, it might be a mobile variant for a laptop, which may have power restrictions / different factory settings. You might have to look at your systems specs / stats and compare them to the Desktop 1660ti to see if they are similar. This happened with my Acer Predator 17X (i7-7820HK - GTX1080), which specifically mentioned it being a desktop GPU, not a mobile one. Check out the screenshot below. 

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1660-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1660-Ti-Mobile/4037vsm776281

Screenshot 2021-02-20 105128.jpg