My pc might be broken

PeyBis

Hello, so a few days ago I cleaned my pc (disassembling all parts, fans etc) and well, it’s having a few problems:

-Power and reset button are not working

-Blackscreen after booting

-Powering on by itself after plugin it in

-It is constantly shocking me really bad

I guess it has something to be with the power supply or the motherboard, but it was “fully” working before (it had some issues, really dusty and it was overheating in general), any ideas why did this happen and if it is worth the money to repair it or rather buy a new motherboard/power supply? 

Thanks for everything

what do you mean constantly shocking you????

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

All apart from the "shocking" I would have thought was a power button problem, this happened to me a few years back, the pc would constantly restart and would not even have time to show any screen.

Could be a grounding issue, I would take it apart and put it back together. make sure your power and reset buttons are wired properly

Gigabyte Aorus 15G :: i7-10870H CPU :: 3080 :: DDR4 3200 2x16GB :: 1TB + 2TB SSD :: Gigabyte M32Q :: Edifier MR4

You say you disassembled it, and I'm going to guess you unplugged the fans, including the CPU fan, in the process. Blackscreening quickly could be the CPU heat spiking. Be sure your fans are plugged in properly. As for the booting on plugin, that sounds like swapped or incorrectly connected power and reset buttons, as others have noted. Shocking you is as others have noted as well, likely a grounding issue - but what part of the computer are you touching that is conductive?

1 hour ago, DaJakerBoss said:

what do you mean constantly shocking you????

Whenever I touch it, it gives me a shock.

Sorry bad english lol

1 hour ago, Euchre said:

You say you disassembled it, and I'm going to guess you unplugged the fans, including the CPU fan, in the process. Blackscreening quickly could be the CPU heat spiking. Be sure your fans are plugged in properly. As for the booting on plugin, that sounds like swapped or incorrectly connected power and reset buttons, as others have noted. Shocking you is as others have noted as well, likely a grounding issue - but what part of the computer are you touching that is conductive?

Pretty much, I took apart the CPU and GPUs fans and cleaned them. I didn’t mention this but when the pc turns on, everything lights up and the fans start spinning normally, except the screen ofc. Right after seeing ur comments I’ve checked if the wires were swapped but they seemed alright.

Almost everything I touch gives me a shock, metal case, screws, gpu, some wires, power supply etc. Almost every metal part.

Thanks for ur help 

(Side note: I cant even get into the BIOS)

1 hour ago, silk186 said:

Could be a grounding issue, I would take it apart and put it back together. make sure your power and reset buttons are wired properly

I will try that tomorrow and see what happens, thanks for the reply