First PC Build: Weird behavior / Problem setting up stuff

duzy_wonsz

Hello.

Around week ago, I got my parts for building my first ever PC (Cause my old Laptop that I got for communion is slowly dying).

Spec of my system:
Case: Old mid-tower NTTsystem taken from very old PC (Case is fine I guess) (Is open, because Cooler is 5 CM to big :D)

MotherBoard: MSI Z87-G43

Cooler: Zalman CNPS14X S775 + Arctic Cooling MX-2 (I didn't know that there is going to be Paste with Cooler :D)

CPU: Intel i5-4670K

GPU: Lack of money, for now graphics from CPU.

RAM: Team Group Vulcan Gold - DDR3 - 1600 CL9 (2x4GB)

PSU: XFX Pro Series 550W 120mm 80+ Bronze

HDD: WD Caviar Green 1TB taken from WD MyBook.

Additional old 3PIN system fan for Exhale

Network: Netgear WNA1100 USB adapter

Periferals:

Mouse A4Tech X750

Keyboard iBOX 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard

So, my problems:

Before BIOS update:

-Sometimes, when booting i get BSOD with something like "Paging error, paging found in not paged area" (After updating BIOS it doesn't happen often. Cure for this (Befor), was to disconnect external USB WiFi adapter) And it doesn't bother me anymore.

-When Overclocking to 4.4GHz no matter what VCore PC just reboots with OC fail prompt.

-When Overclocking to 4.3GHz no matter how high VCore I can't get in AIDA64 higher temp. than 60 degrees Celsius.

Facts:

-Actual OC of CPU and internal GPU changed my scores in XTU and Catzilla.

-WNA1100 wasn't making any problems.

-There were some Windows stutter problems, but weren't often.

After BIOS update(Through M-flash):

-I was again trying to OC again. Getting to 4.6GHz and 1.3-1.31 VCore was only making it worse (Boots fine, but then stutters alot). So, back to BIOS F6 (Default), everything went to AUTO, but in XTU it showed that  Max Power Wattage is 550 and Max amperage is 1024,xxx A (XTU showed Defaults as 98,xxx A and Wattage about 150 Watts). Changing everything to normal helps to resolve stuttering a little bit.

-Windows started stuttering on any Clock, WNA1100 not always works and many times I need to reinstall drivers just to connect to WiFi (I don't have internet at home, but Im using NETIA FON from my neighbours :D)

-I've noticed that after installing some of the Windows Updates my problems get even worse.

-When Stressing in XTU clocks won't go over 3.9 GHz when OCed to 4.2GHz (I would like it to stay there)

-OC looks to even lower my Catzilla and XTU benches.

-Mouse randomly disconnects.

Further actions done by me led to this:

-Intel CPU monitor shows that clocks are Lowest and when something is working it goes straight to 4.2+. 

-Windows stutters and Advanced Sys Care shows 40% CPU usage (Windows Tasks give me 20-24%)

-WNA1100 doesn't even want to show that is connected.

If you want to help and need more data tell me, will do. Thanks for the future :)

Edit: I've just noticed that BIOS was underclocking my RAM from 1600 to 1333.

Edit2: Is there some kind of pattern setting up Windows? Like programs and Drivers first and then Windows Upfate, or other way around?

RAM checked few times (Thanks to my friend from IT), everything is fine. (With memtest, windows checker)

HDD - checked with SATA from MotherBoard and from Xbox 360 Flashing Device (I don't have more SATAs)

Drivers - Im now trying to install different Windows 7 (Downloaded from Pirates site :D) that includes SP1. Maybe that will help, but for now it tells me that install.wim is too big for FAT32.

Reseating is a good idea. I've tried a Pea method and I'd like to check how does it look :)

Thanks.

OK. Reseating in progress. I thought that amount of compund that was on it is not enugh, but ended up that whole processor was covered just PERFECT! xD First time luck.

When I'll be done with all this will try Ubuntu and then reinstall whole Windows :)

OK. Parts are back together, going to connect it back again and try my Linux Rescue Disk :)

Ubuntu is running flawless... Hmmm, but StressAppTest won't start up, so I cant test how stable he is. Going for Windows.

WOW! Now Im writing from my NewPC aaand it looks like most of the problem was in underclocked RAM xD

But still, is it normal behavior for CPU to jump from one Clock to another so quickly? Isn't it supposed to have other, "half-way" clocks?

So, here is my BSOD back:

24ordsk.jpg

What is doing this to me?!

Ive decided to not create a new thread and just bump this one. @UP!

So. Blue Screens seem to go away. PC is running fine and with 4.2 GHz Im easily able to play some CS:GO with stable 80-90FPS.

BUT!

My mouse keeps disconnecting! I haven't notice it do this when gaming (CS:GO), but happens when playing NFS World (Mouse is idle then, playin on Xbox 360 Controller) and when browsing internet (Im moving the mouse and BOOP! reconnects).

Do you guys have any ideas of what can it be? (My bet is something is lowering current(power) on USBs to the point where it's not enough for my mouse)

Thanks.

Edit:

I just downvolted my CPU from 1.2 with 40 Offset to 1.2 without offset. (On 4.2GHz, works quite fine)