RyzenMaster Clocks Dropping Back Down?

When I apply an overclock in Ryzenmaster to my 5800x, I am trying to overclock one core to 4.65+ ghz and keep all of the other cores at 4.625 ghz. But whenever I hit apply, then run a cinebench test, all the cores drop to 3.719 ghz except for the first core I set to a high clock which stays at 4.65 ghz. I hope these pictures explain this better.

How can I fix this?

RyzenClocks.jpg

RyzenClocksFail.jpg

I think this is expected behavior, in all core workloads its better to run all the cores as fast as they can instead of most slow and one fast.

If you want to optimize single core speed run single core tasks.

Ah, so run the single core test rather than the all core? The thing is, I am merely doing this as a test to make sure the clock is stable and that they get to that clock speed. If I set all of the other cores to 4.65 ghz and the first core to 4.75 ghz, instead of all the cores dropping to 3.719 ghz, they go to 3.739 ghz if that makes any sense.

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So setting one core to a higher frequency just sets it's Max, doesn't mean it will always pin there.

And when you want to test a single core, you want to set the affinity of w/e benchmark you're running to that single core through task manager.

Single core program like PiMod would be good for testing. 32m is the longest test, should take roughly 8-10 minutes to complete. This will give you time to check everything and make adjustments according to your testing results.

GL!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 11:17 AM, ShrimpBrime said:

So setting one core to a higher frequency just sets it's Max, doesn't mean it will always pin there.

And when you want to test a single core, you want to set the affinity of w/e benchmark you're running to that single core through task manager.

Single core program like PiMod would be good for testing. 32m is the longest test, should take roughly 8-10 minutes to complete. This will give you time to check everything and make adjustments according to your testing results.

GL!

The thing is though, when I run cinebench R23 all core with every core at 4.625 mhz, Ryzen master reports that all cores stay at that clock, its only when I increase another core's max the other core clocks drop. Also, the cinebench score is understandably lower.

Just now, Mq3 said:

The thing is though, when I run cinebench R23 all core with every core at 4.625 mhz, Ryzen master reports that all cores stay at that clock, its only when I increase another core's max the other core clocks drop. Also, the cinebench score is understandably lower.

It could be the other cores lower to keep within the power limits.

Can you take a screen shot of Ryzen master game mode tab please? 

This should show the ppt edc limits.

On 2/23/2021 at 1:13 PM, ShrimpBrime said:

It could be the other cores lower to keep within the power limits.

Can you take a screen shot of Ryzen master game mode tab please? 

This should show the ppt edc limits.

I'm using manual mode so it doesn't mention the PPT or EDC, but when I click Auto Overclocking or PBO, the settings they are default set to are - 

PPT = 395
TDC = 160
EDC = 190

1 hour ago, Mq3 said:

I'm using manual mode so it doesn't mention the PPT or EDC, but when I click Auto Overclocking or PBO, the settings they are default set to are - 

PPT = 395
TDC = 160
EDC = 190

Click defaults top right on the main page. 

The click the game mode tab at the bottom.

Raise the EDC to about 110 and see if that helps.

No other changes needed, it should boost better just from that as long as the Temps are in check.

On 2/26/2021 at 3:56 PM, ShrimpBrime said:

No other changes needed, it should boost better just from that as long as the Temps are in check.

I have also noticed that for my cpu, it only has CCX 0, and in online tutorials, I've seen theirs with at CCX 1 as well. Do I have to change something in the bios for this?

2 hours ago, Mq3 said:

I have also noticed that for my cpu, it only has CCX 0, and in online tutorials, I've seen theirs with at CCX 1 as well. Do I have to change something in the bios for this?

There's nothing to change. The 5800X runs a single CCX.

On 2/26/2021 at 3:56 PM, ShrimpBrime said:

The default mode doesn't let me change the EDC, only PBO or Auto Overclock

6 minutes ago, Mq3 said:

The default mode doesn't let me change the EDC, only PBO or Auto Overclock

1. Defaults will clear current settings.
  2. Then click game mode tab at the bottom.
  3. Adjust the EDC to about 110.
  4. Apply changes.

I guess it was more a list of settings you can do in this order.

Thread with example screen shots.