RX480 - Used for mining

shone32

Hello, I've found some used RX 480 cards online here to buy. It's really cheap so even if it ends up not working not big of a deal. My question is, if the card is working but has mining BIOS, will I be able to recover it without mining rig from my desktop PC?

Athlon x4 840 @3.7Ghz MSI A68HM-E33 V2 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ SC GTX 750TI A400 120GB TOSHIBA 1TB MSI 200W 

You can flash it back to stock but you might see better performance with the mining BIOS if you patch the GPU drivers to work with it because they usually have better VRAM timings.

I'd advise you not to buy card used for mining,could have issues with it.

Not worth it,since that is one cheap GPU,mate.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

7 hours ago, shone32 said:

Hello, I've found some used RX 480 cards online here to buy. It's really cheap so even if it ends up not working not big of a deal. My question is, if the card is working but has mining BIOS, will I be able to recover it without mining rig from my desktop PC?

I bought a rx 480 that was used for mining and I flashed the bios to a unlocked power limit one and it workes fine. The only problem is the fan bearings are going out and its getting loud.