MSI RTX 3070 ventus X2 dose it suck ?

OTHMANE

You may wanna check this video. If you don't plan to OC it fully, then yea...it's semi decent (half-way to being a bad one lol) 

But one thing is for sure...BUY ONE THAT IS ON STOCK AND NEAR MSRP (Additional criterion like cooling/vrm and components in buying one may also be included) 

CGHA | Astrophysicist & Meterologist-in-Training 

COSMOS, WEATHER, AND YOU 🌌

BUILD: 6C12T R5 5600x | Colorful iGame RTX 3070 Vulcan OC-V | Asus TUF B550M Plus | 2x8 Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600CL16 | 2x 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1 TB WD Blue | Seasonic Prime Gold 1300W | Noctua NH-D15, 4x Deepcool RF140 and 5x RF 120 Fans

I absolutely hated mine when I first got it. It ran really hot and really loud, and gave me stuttering in a lot of games.

I have since spent over a month sorting it out.

I added 1 intake and 1 exhaust fan to my case. 

I have undervolted.

I have set custom fan curve. 

All of this was totally new to me, and a lot of work testing different setups, various undervolt settings, etc.... if you have a CHOICE I'd definitely get a 3 fan card, or anything with decent cooling, which this card is severely lacking. 

Ive been running it at 1845mhz (actually reaching 1860mhz) and 887mV for a while, and temps are lower, but I still got occasional stutter. (At stock it still reached 1860mhz, but much higher temps and more voltage).

Ive just literally today been testing a more aggressive undervolt, aiming for the advertised boost clock of 1755mhz.

Ive set it to 1725Mhz@837mV..... it actually reaches 1755Mhz in game and tests... exactly what I was aiming for. 

Fan curve is at 0-30c 30%, 60c 60%, 80c 80%, 90c 100%.

I've run every single stress test and benchmark from 3dmark today, everything passed, no glitches, no crashes, no errors, and temps very rarely go above 60C now.

I still need to test actually playing games, but so far all the benches run fine, no issues, no stutters.

Everywhere online, you'll read things telling you that the advertised boost clocks are basically irrelevant these days, and that cards almost always go way beyond that..... but in my experience with this card, above 1755, I start getting issues of one sort or another.

The card, out of the box is an annoying, loud, hot, scary piece of kit.... so I'd you're looking for a plug and play card, definitely avoid it. 

If you've got time to mess around with afterburner, trailing settings, undervolting to reduce temps, and are happy to put in a lot of time getting things as stable as possible, to bring the temps down, then the card is ok.

Basically, if you can, get a different 3070, but if this card is the only option, and you aren't paying over the odds, then it's workable. I paid £515 for mine from scan.co.uk. I bought it just because I saw a 3070 in stock, so just bought the cheapest I could see while it was in stock. 

I still wish I'd have waited, as I've wasted so much time putting right the out of the box flaws with it..... but it seems stable and a lot safer now. 

It does offer more fps than my 2070, and I can now play a lot of games at 1440 instead of 1080.... but don't go expecting a steady 1440@144hz in every game.... in all honesty, if you want that, you should save for a 3080 or 3090 and definitely avoid anything with only 2 fans. 

I had the ventus x3 oc 3070 and it also sucked, ran hot with a modest overclock, all fans cranked to 100% while gaming I was hitting 80. Sold it, picked up a EVGA x3 3070, same overclock, same games, fans cranked It doesnt go over 68. Ventus is def the bottom of the barrel card.

What i find odd as well is the Ventus x3 3070 has a locked wattage at 220w ( you cannot increase power limit past 100%) which is the lowest among all 3rd party manufacturers and still gets too hot. the EVGA card has a wattage limit of 240w i believe and stays 11-12 degrees cooler with the same over clock.