EA / Steam - game code

WereCat

Hi, in recent past I purchased game Alice: Madness Returns on Steam and had no problem runing it at all. Now I reinstalled windows and when I try to launch game over steam then EA ask me for serial key and when I enter it it says that it has been already activated. So i went and installed damn Origin in which I entered key and it works.... But I dont want to have Origin on my PC and it was working flawlessly on Steam before so why the heck it doesent want me to accept that damn key? 

Yes I already contacted support on both EA and Steam side and noone replied so far also I couldnt find any solution on Steam forum so I am turning on you guys, Any idea how to get this work without need of having Origin? I was considering crack as a last resort.

Dang that's some serious bullshit.... EA tech support probably isn't going to care about your problem as long as it works on Origin. Steam is going to be your best bet at helping you out here... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Dang that's some serious bullshit.... EA tech support probably isn't going to care about your problem as long as it works on Origin. Steam is going to be your best bet at helping you out here... 

Well, so far it looks like EA live chat is more like EA dead chat.

Hi, in recent past I purchased game Alice: Madness Returns on Steam and had no problem runing it at all. Now I reinstalled windows and when I try to launch game over steam then EA ask me for serial key and when I enter it it says that it has been already activated. So i went and installed damn Origin in which I entered key and it works.... But I dont want to have Origin on my PC and it was working flawlessly on Steam before so why the heck it doesent want me to accept that damn key? 

Yes I already contacted support on both EA and Steam side and noone replied so far also I couldnt find any solution on Steam forum so I am turning on you guys, Any idea how to get this work without need of having Origin? I was considering crack as a last resort.

You should have been able to redownload it from steam, now you cant because you revoked the code from steam to origin 

so from what I understand you can download it over steam, but when you open the game EA has a problem with it?

so from what I understand you can download it over steam, but when you open the game EA has a problem with it?

Yes, I can download game no problem but I was unable to run it until now because there was EA window popping up asking me for Serial Key.

Now I changed password on Origin and uninstaled Origin completely from my PC and game suddenly runs from Steam for no apparent reason. It did not even asked me for key this time only for EA account. I have no idea what just happened and I hope that @ is not right.

Yes, I can download game no problem but I was unable to run it until now because there was EA window popping up asking me for Serial Key.

Now I changed password on Origin and uninstaled Origin completely from my PC and game suddenly runs from Steam for no apparent reason. It did not even asked me for key this time only for EA account. I have no idea what just happened and I hope that @ is not right.

you said it runs fine now? I don't think you can revoke codes on steam, because it is linked to your account and you would otherwise be able to give someone else the code

Well, so far it looks like EA live chat is more like EA dead chat.

I managed to listen to an entire album ("Octavarium - Dream Theater") before they even responded. I was laughing and angry at the same time.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X