External Media Enclosures?

Euchre

My lady works in a print shop as the graphic artist, and they got a new system for their graphical work. Because gaming systems have the specs that lend themselves pretty well to their workflow, they opted to get a Dell Alienware system. One thing they kind of overlooked was the lack of optical drive and media reader - there's not even anyplace to put them in the current Dyson fan looking cases. I can easily find 5.25" optical drives that'll read and write Bluray on down, and media reader front panel inserts for 3.5" and even 5.25" bays. In ages past, you could find little external case enclosures for 5.25" drives, with internal boards to go from IDE or even SATA to USB, to allow you to add external drives. For the life of me, I can't find them anymore. Closest I've come is mATX or mITX cases, but they're sort of overkill (although maybe not entirely). Have any of you seen a source for external drive enclosures?

I have a second problem to solve, which might necessitate building a mATX or mITX system to solve the issue, and that's the way those media reader breakout panels connect. Haven't found one that outputs via a SATA connector, which if I could find one of these external drive enclosure cases, it would likely just offer a SATA connection internally. The variety of media formats clients pull out of their archives is just about ridiculous, so the breakout panel has to have formats like Sony Memory Stick Pro/Pro Duo, xD, M2, and CF, beyond the usual SD/MMC family of cards. That basically only comes in internal USB connectivity form.

Seems like there's got to be some kind of external 'media importer' someone would make to solve this problem, but I haven't seen one yet.

What all do you need? 

Id just get a usb blu ray drive and media card reader, I don't find putting them in the front of the case makes it more convient to use.

There aren't many good options for external drives, nor convenient card readers, with a good connectivity standard. There are extremely few that are both, and none that include the wide array of formats needed.