ATX Power Extension or new PSU ?

Go to solution Solved by JamesTheFolf,
11 minutes ago, LinuxTux23 said:

Hey there,

at the moment, I'm building a DIY NAS to store all my files.

I've choosen the ASRockRack X570D4U as Mobo because of its "server/workstation" like features.

But now I have a problem connecting the ATX PSU cord to the mobo. The problem is, by design the mobo's ATX port is on the top but the ATX cord of the PSU is about 5cm to short.

Should I buy a new PSU ( with modular cables and maybe better efficiency ) or buy a extenssion cord for my PSU ?

I think a extenssion cord would be difficult to cabble manage. ( Most ones I've found online were way to long )

Thank You ! 

I'd just buy a short extension cable, cause it would be cheaper

Hey there,

I've choosen the ASRockRack X570D4U as Mobo because of its "server/workstation" like features.

But now I have a problem connecting the ATX PSU cord to the mobo. The problem is, by design the mobo's ATX port is on the top but the ATX cord of the PSU is about 5cm to short.

Should I buy a new PSU ( with modular cables and maybe better efficiency ) or buy a extenssion cord for my PSU ?

I think a extenssion cord would be difficult to cabble manage. ( Most ones I've found online were way to long )

Thank You ! 

11 minutes ago, LinuxTux23 said:

Hey there,

Thank You ! 

I'd just buy a short extension cable, cause it would be cheaper

3 hours ago, LinuxTux23 said:

The problem is, by design the mobo's ATX port is on the top but the ATX cord of the PSU is about 5cm to short.

That's actually normal.  99% of the motherboards out there have the EPS12V 8-pin at the far top end of the board, closest to the CPU, which is typically farthest from the PSU.  Problems arise when the case manufacturer makes it so you can't properly route the 8-pin cable behind the motherboard and have enough cable left over to do a nice curve at the end.