PC Build

CedsWRLD

Anyone think they can give me some good builds that I can get for my birthday. Preferably anything but the build has to be under $1000.

4 minutes ago, CedsWRLD said:

Anyone think they can give me some good builds that I can get for my birthday. Preferably anything but the build has to be under $1000.

when is your birthday? Stock is bad atm. What are you using this build for?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

7 minutes ago, Downkey said:

when is your birthday? Stock is bad atm. What are you using this build for?

My birthday is June 5th, I'm probably gonna use this PC for gaming and editing videos. 

1 minute ago, CedsWRLD said:

My birthday is June 5th, I'm probably gonna use this PC for gaming and editing videos. 

what games?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

what games?

cs:go, tf2, minecraft, cry of fear(uses half life client), brawlhalla, and probably some other games i cant think of right now

Just now, CedsWRLD said:

cs:go, tf2, minecraft, cry of fear(uses half life client), brawlhalla, and probably some other games i cant think of right now fortnite

4 minutes ago, CedsWRLD said:

honestly I would just ask again in around May. Nothing is ins tock atm and the market will be very different when you are planning to build

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

honestly I would just ask again in around May. Nothing is ins tock atm and the market will be very different when you are planning to build

aight but which parts do you think i should get.

Just now, CedsWRLD said:

This should give you a decent idea of what you should build, then again you can't buy the stuff atm due to stock but this should give you a decent idea 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

5 minutes ago, CedsWRLD said:

i would probabaly say the rest of the parts other than the gpus.

I see the games you asked dont seem too intensive so you could get away with a pro 4000G APU (720p-1080p low or higher settings settings) around aliexpress or ebay but i need to investigate cry or fear...

edit: yep you can get away with an apu

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

3 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

i would probabaly say the rest of the parts other than the gpus.

I see the games you asked dont seem too intensive so you could get away with a pro 4000G APU (720p-1080p low or higher settings settings) around aliexpress or ebay but i need to investigate cry or fear...

edit: yep you can get away with an apu

Cry of Fear is the free game you've never played

15 minutes ago, Downkey said:

This should give you a decent idea of what you should build, then again you can't buy the stuff atm due to stock but this should give you a decent idea 

Thanks right in the budget and is it possible for me to upgrade the cpu and power supply in the future?

1 minute ago, CedsWRLD said:

Cry of Fear is the free game you've never played

yep and seeing the graphics and the requirements, it isnt itensive too so you can get away wiht an amd apu if you want to until you get a gpu

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

@CedsWRLDHere's my idea, let me know if there's anything:
baiscally i put a powerful apu so not only does it have a really good raw cpu power until you get a gpu but the apu will fill you up with those games you said you plan on playing until gpus go back in price or stock and you finally get your hands on one:

let me know if you need anything...

My PC

1 minute ago, GorujoCY said:

yep and seeing the graphics and the requirements, it isnt itensive too so you can get away wiht an amd apu if you want to until you get a gpu

im using a laptop rn with a nvidia nvs 5200m graphics card but i wasnt able to see if the game would run good while i was playing it

1 minute ago, GorujoCY said:

baiscally i put a powerful apu so not only does it have a really good raw cpu power until you get a gpu but the apu will fill you up with those games you said you plan on playing until gpus go back in price or stock and you finally get your hands on one:

let me know if you need anything, thanks...

Thanks this build also looks really good but the estimated wattage is 104W is there any way i can fix that if i were to buy this pc

6 minutes ago, CedsWRLD said:

Thanks this build also looks really good but the estimated wattage is 104W is there any way i can fix that if i were to buy this pc

yeah on custom parts i cannot specify the tdp so it excludes that, if you are really still curious you can use reliable psu calculators like the one from outervision, alltho the reason i added a 750w is because i would assume you would add a 3070 or 3060 ti over a 3080 or 3090 or ssomething like that, with a ryzen 7 of course... if you plan on adding a 3080 or 3090, i may recommend you add a 850w psu.

your choice is up to you but that's my advice

My PC

@CedsWRLDi almost forgot a cooler, im updating the list now...

My PC

17 minutes ago, CedsWRLD said:

Thanks right in the budget and is it possible for me to upgrade the cpu and power supply in the future?

yes

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

15 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

let me know if you need anything...

8 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

yeah on custom parts i cannot specify the tdp so it excludes that, if you are really still curious you can use reliable psu calculators like the one from outervision, alltho the reason i added a 750w is because i would assume you would add a 3070 or 3060 ti over a 3080 or 3090 or ssomething like that, with a ryzen 7 of course... if you plan on adding a 3080 or 3090, i may recommend you add a 850w psu.

He says hes buying in a couple months, why are you recommending an APU? Horrendous value for $1000.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 hour ago, GorujoCY said:

@CedsWRLDi almost forgot a cooler, im updating the list now...

updated build @CedsWRLD, now includes a cooler:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fc4Mrr

57 minutes ago, Downkey said:

He says hes buying in a couple months, why are you recommending an APU? Horrendous value for $1000.

oh i took it assuming he would buy it from now
well yes If we assume by Q2 2021 rtx 3000 gpu stock is going to be back, defientely a ryzen 5 5600X nad a rtx 3060 ti will do so, he can add the same build but replace the apu to a 5600x, remove the cooler and add a 3060 ti in it once it's back at their msrp...

53 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

oh i took it assuming he would buy it from now
well yes If we assume by Q2 2021 rtx 3000 gpu stock is going to be back, defientely a ryzen 5 5600X nad a rtx 3060 ti will do so, he can add the same build but replace the apu to a 5600x, remove the cooler and add a 3060 ti in it once it's back at their msrp...

sctracth that, a ryzen 5 5600x will get us above budget, but it would be something like this (demonstration a bit, without the 5600x that is...)

but if he were to actual;yy buy it, that would be above budget so i would essentially need to redo it altogether...

My PC

59 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

I may or may not get a 3080 or 3090 but if i do ill definitely come back to this

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

Remember that we have multiquote and edit features available. Please avoid multiposting if possible.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv