Asus B550-a stuck at Bios Recovery Mode

X_Splinter
Go to solution Solved by Maestro_4k_,

I hesitate to suggest this but seeing as this b550 has a bios flash button, barring anyone else having a better idea you could download a clean, full bios firmware on a usb and use the bios flashback to try to resolve the issue. AGAIN TRY AS A LAST RESORT, and dont turn it off yet as the bios may become corrupted. Hopefully someone else here has had the same exact issue.

How to bios flashback asus mobos: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038568/

So I was flashing my mb firmware and when it was like 80% it rebooted to this screen.

I already tried plug-in a usb drive with FAT32 with bios file with correct name and it doesn't leave this screen.

Tried 2 usb drives in several different usb ports, there is a specific one for this but nothing is working.

Anyone can help me?

20210203_201509.jpg

I hesitate to suggest this but seeing as this b550 has a bios flash button, barring anyone else having a better idea you could download a clean, full bios firmware on a usb and use the bios flashback to try to resolve the issue. AGAIN TRY AS A LAST RESORT, and dont turn it off yet as the bios may become corrupted. Hopefully someone else here has had the same exact issue.

PC=   CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x   I   GPU: EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra   I   COOLING: Self-contained A/C unit cooled custom loop (980mm) I  RAM: 32gb 3800MHz DDR4   I   SSD: Samsung 850 evo 250Gb x2   I   HDD: WD blue 1TB  |  NVME: WD Black 500gb  I   PSU: Excalvion 1000w

23 minutes ago, Maestro_4k_ said:

Thank you so much... it worked.

I tried everything in the last 2 hours so I went straight to method you linked.

With the newest fw on the pen drive it did flash in a few minutes via flashback button.

Thanks again

2 minutes ago, X_Splinter said:

Thank you so much... it worked.

I tried everything in the last 2 hours so I went straight to method you linked.

With the newest fw on the pen drive it did flash in a few minutes via flashback button.

Thanks again

Im glad the flashback worked! Hopefully when other people have this same issue the flashback option works for them as a corrupted BIOS is such a crappy experience.

PC=   CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x   I   GPU: EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra   I   COOLING: Self-contained A/C unit cooled custom loop (980mm) I  RAM: 32gb 3800MHz DDR4   I   SSD: Samsung 850 evo 250Gb x2   I   HDD: WD blue 1TB  |  NVME: WD Black 500gb  I   PSU: Excalvion 1000w