First Time Building and I'm Lost

First off let me pre-face this by saying... 

Currently, working and gaming off a laptop that is more than 10 years old.

Budget: 1,500-2,000 USD

Country: In Mongolia, can get parts from South Korea or China, kind of easily. Can order from the US but shipping cuts into budget by a lot.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Simple graphic design, Gaming and Amatuer programming (nothing too intensive).

Other details: Building from scratch. I would like a decent system that I can keep for at least a couple of years. I would like this to be a learning experience and an entry into the world of custom rigs. Spent some time doing research but feeling more lost than I started. Any guidance and advice would be appreciated, thank you.

20 minutes ago, Breakfast_Waffles said:

First off let me pre-face this by saying... 

Currently, working and gaming off a laptop that is more than 10 years old.

Budget: 1,500-2,000 USD

Country: In Mongolia, can get parts from South Korea or China, kind of easily. Can order from the US but shipping cuts into budget by a lot.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Simple graphic design, Gaming and Amatuer programming (nothing too intensive).

Other details: Building from scratch. I would like a decent system that I can keep for at least a couple of years. I would like this to be a learning experience and an entry into the world of custom rigs. Spent some time doing research but feeling more lost than I started. Any guidance and advice would be appreciated, thank you.

So a couple problems -
There is no China PcPartPicker, and The South korea one is empty.
And The U.S market is basically dead due to the stock shortages.

So I could make you a list, and then you could tell me what that would cost if you order it from a certain country?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

So a couple problems -
There is no China PcPartPicker, and The South korea one is empty.
And The U.S market is basically dead due to the stock shortages.

So I could make you a list, and then you could tell me what that would cost if you order it from a certain country?

Yeah I would greatly appreciate a list, but I would like to learn about the process too.

5 minutes ago, Breakfast_Waffles said:

Yeah I would greatly appreciate a list, but I would like to learn about the process too.

how much would something like this cost in your country? 

•  

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

This should basically fit all of your needs. I didnt pick a graphics card as they are terrible rn and these are us prices but with your budget you should be able to either find these parts for cheaper or just buy a cheap graphics card and wait a bit before buying a good card like 30 series. With this budget Id suggest buying the 3060 12gb when it comes out since you should have a lot of budget room left.

31 minutes ago, Hyrogenes said:

This should basically fit all of your needs. I didnt pick a graphics card as they are terrible rn and these are us prices but with your budget you should be able to either find these parts for cheaper or just buy a cheap graphics card and wait a bit before buying a good card like 30 series. With this budget Id suggest buying the 3060 12gb when it comes out since you should have a lot of budget room left.

Ok just go with a 212 EVO or a Gelid Phantom. The u12s is quite mediocre.

That EVGA BQ is a very low quality unit. Would almost never recommend that.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570