Windows doesn't boot

carrot_

Please help, I need my pc to do online school.

Basically, my PC can't boot. I have Windows 10 on an SSD AND it gives error 0xc000000f saying it can't load ntoskrnl.exe.

This happened after that I tried (successfully) to boot from an HDD also containing Windows 10. Once turned off the machine and tried to reboot to SSD. Error.

I already got a bootable usb with Windows 10 setup, since it can't even start "remedy tools" (i dont know if it is called like this in english). I tried looking online for a guide on the error and followed this tutorial. Didn't work. It said I didn't have access to folder when I got to /booted fixboot. One guy in the comments fiixed this with /nt60 all. It worked for me then I got stuck at /attrib command, saying that isn't any folder called boot.

Also, doing /bootrec scanOs returns 0 OS finds.

Please Help me I need this pc it's the only one i got. Thank you very very much. 

1 minute ago, carrot_ said:

Basically, my PC can't boot. I have Windows 10 on an SSD AND it gives error 0xc000000f saying it can't load ntoskrnl.exe.

This happened after that I tried (successfully) to boot from an HDD also containing Windows 10. Once turned off the machine and tried to reboot to SSD. Error.

I already got a bootable usb with Windows 10 setup, since it can't even start "remedy tools" (i dont know if it is called like this in english). I tried looking online for a guide on the error and followed this tutorial. Didn't work. It said I didn't have access to folder when I got to /booted fixboot. One guy in the comments fiixed this with /nt60 all. It worked for me then I got stuck at /attrib command, saying that isn't any folder called boot.

Please Help me I need this pc it's the only one i got. Thank you very very much. 

did you try a startup repair?

hey! i know to use a computer

Just now, hirusha.adikari said:

did you try a startup repair?

It says impossible to repair your pc, and outputs a log file. I can access if u want. 

3 minutes ago, carrot_ said:

maybe these might help!

https://recoverit.wondershare.com/computer-problems/fix-windows-error-code-0xc000000f.html?app=core&module=system&controller=notifications&do=followers&follow_app=forums&follow_area=topic&follow_id=2595&gclid=CjwKCAiAjeSABhAPEiwAqfxURfWBOny17NA_WG2Ck3Htz-3f71cSE7uOW8bnbaNcN8Mv9byTQ4J7tBoC2icQAvD_BwE

https://neosmart.net/wiki/0xc000000f-error-read-boot-configuration-data/

hey! i know to use a computer

maybe really dumb suggestion but the HDD you mentioned is out of the system now right? it's just the SSD plugged in?

She/Her

3 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

maybe really dumb suggestion but the HDD you mentioned is out of the system now right? it's just the SSD plugged in?

yes, I made sure that only the ssd is attached

Just now, carrot_ said:

yes, I made sure that only the ssd is attached

ok. and Windows was already installed on both hdd and ssd when you booted that hdd up?

did you make sure your boot option in your bios is the ssd?

She/Her

1 minute ago, Ashley xD said:

ok. and Windows was already installed on both hdd and ssd when you booted that hdd up?

did you make sure your boot option in your bios is the ssd?

yes it is

1 minute ago, carrot_ said:

yes it is

ok then my theory about ti maybe trying to boot from a different drive is ruled out.

uuuhm, none of those bcd fixes did anything for you?

do you have access to an external drive or anything else to install an OS on? the easiest thing for you to do now is probably throw in a spare drive and install Windows there so you can at least still follow lessons, and later fixing the install on the ssd.

She/Her

Just now, Ashley xD said:

ok then my theory about ti maybe trying to boot from a different drive is ruled out.

uuuhm, none of those bcd fixes did anything for you?

do you have access to an external drive or anything else to install an OS on? the easiest thing for you to do now is probably throw in a spare drive and install Windows there so you can at least still follow lessons, and later fixing the install on the ssd.

none of the bcd fixes worked... when I do bootrec /rebuildbcd it says no Windows Installations found.

I guess I'll try what u suggested tho.. 

Just now, carrot_ said:

none of the bcd fixes worked... when I do bootrec /rebuildbcd it says no Windows Installations found.

I guess I'll try what u suggested tho.. 

yeah then just throw in a spare drive and install windows there, move ur data somewhere safe off the ssd and then you can figure that out.

She/Her

for now I'll install Windows on the HDD and leave this thread open for some time so if someone has the solution he can post it. basically I have a dead windows10 on an SSD.

When you installed Windows 10 to your SSD, was your HDD plugged in? (Sorry if I missed understood you)

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

When you installed Windows 10 to your SSD, was your HDD plugged in? (Sorry if I missed understood you)

Yes, the OS was installed on the SSD when only it was connected.

I used the OS ont the SSD fine with the HDD plugged in for a month until i messed things up.