Cleanest desktop environment for linux

Looking for a clean desktop environment for Pop_os. Eventually  I will probably switch to Manjaro once I get better with linux. I like the look of KDE plasma, but what are some others that look really good? I am going to use it on my gaming pc so it can be a little resource dependent. (ryzen 7 3700x and 2x 1080tis in sli)

Define "cleanest"

I would say riced Plasma, i3, or Awesome, but basically anything can be considered (or configured) to be "clean".

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

4 minutes ago, penguin1 said:

Looking for a clean desktop environment for Pop_os. Eventually  I will probably switch to Manjaro once I get better with linux. I like the look of KDE plasma, but what are some others that look really good? I am going to use it on my gaming pc so it can be a little resource dependent. (ryzen 7 3700x and 2x 1080tis in sli)

Voyager XFCE

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I would suggest you to change distro instead of changing the desktop enviroment of pop os, as not everything will work fine, you can make it work with some tinkering but for the "I will probably switch to Manjaro once I get better with linux" I assume you are not a power user of linux, so change distro or use a theme that fits your concept of clean. I would suggest you to try elementary os, wich for me is very clean and is debian based as pop os.

I'm not sure what you mean by "clean." Obviously the actual cleanest DE is probably GNOME, as it's just a blank desktop with a small black topbar with no icons or launchers or anything like that. That's about as minimal as you can get (outside of tiling window managers, but you said desktop environment, which eliminates tiling WMs).

If you mean "what's the most gorgeous DE?" which is what I suspect since you said "it can be a little resource heavy" and that's not really a thing for actually "clean" DE's, then the answer is by FAR the Deepin Desktop Environment. Deepin has it's own Distro, but Manjaro and Arch provide Deepin as a DE, and Ubuntu has a(n unofficial) Deepin spin, Ubuntu DDE. Manjaro has the best interpretation, in my opinion, but if you want to try it on Pop, it's really easy, just look up how to install Deepin on Ubuntu and it's the same thing. However, Between version 15 and the next version (version 20), Deepin DE underwent a pretty huge redesign, and Pop/Ubuntu use the old v15 shit still, so I would recommend using Arch or Manjaro. I wouldn't recommend using Deepin the distro, since it's based on Debian and has really old packages. 

After Deepin, KDE is probably has the most potential to look gorgeous, and is what I daily drive at the moment. KDE can look just absolutely stunning. 

Here are some pictures of Deepin v20:

deepin2.jpeg

deepin1.png

20 hours ago, penguin1 said:

Eventually  I will probably switch to Manjaro once I get better with linux. 

Manjaro is easier to use than Pop in my opinion, especially if you want a different desktop, as Manjaro offers a wide selection of preinstalled desktops. 

She/Her