.m4a to .doc *HELP Please*

Hello everyone. I am new to the Forum but have been watching LTT for a while now. I'm looking for a program to covert .m4a files to text. preferably .doc but any text file will do. I'm looking to help a friend who's job is to transcribe the worlds most boring meetings and I thought "DAMN this is 2021 there must be some free software out there to do this! 

Unfortunately I have not been able to find anything that does this simply, easily and most importantly for Free. So I thought I'd come here as it seems (Through LTT videos) that this is the place to come for some good advice. 

I have basic IT knowledge but I'm no genius so if someone could baby me through a solution that would be incredible. Thanks in advance!  :old-smile:

5 minutes ago, NoKnowledge said:

Hello everyone. I am new to the Forum but have been watching LTT for a while now. I'm looking for a program to covert .m4a files to text. preferably .doc but any text file will do. I'm looking to help a friend who's job is to transcribe the worlds most boring meetings and I thought "DAMN this is 2021 there must be some free software out there to do this! 

Unfortunately I have not been able to find anything that does this simply, easily and most importantly for Free. So I thought I'd come here as it seems (Through LTT videos) that this is the place to come for some good advice. 

I have basic IT knowledge but I'm no genius so if someone could baby me through a solution that would be incredible. Thanks in advance!  :old-smile:

There’s a crap ton of file converters online try this one: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiU976M38juAhUDLa0KHaJrCUQQFjACegQIBBAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fanyconv.com%2Fm4a-to-txt-converter%2F&usg=AOvVaw3Aa9O8KRSJu8tTZXcxLXQH

I often use them to convert PDFs to mobi.

4 minutes ago, NoKnowledge said:

easily and most importantly for Free.

Pick one... this isn't a simple file conversion, it's speech recognition. You can use google speech-to-text for free for a total of 1h per month but you need to start paying if you want to use it more than that. The price isn't too high so it may be worth the time save.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, NoKnowledge said:

m4a is audio and doc is text. That is not going to be easy. You would need voice recognition software to write the text and can write gibberish if there is noise or people don't sound clear enough.

Text from such a software would need too much proofing for errors that its better to do it the old fashioned way. Some times there are no shortcuts