Steaming and playing on a single PC

Newter
Go to solution Solved by Volts2545,
24 minutes ago, Newter said:

So I’m very new to this world I have a i9-9900k 3070 and 32gb 2800mzh ram. When I play and steam at the same time my in game FPS would be capped at 30. I upped my bitrate in my streaming software from 3,000 to 9,000 and the issue has seemed to go away. This seems like it’s backwards to me as wouldn’t that require more work from my pc. 

so bitrate is how much information can be sent out to the internet at a specifc time, assuming your streaming at 1080p 3000 kbps is not enough for 60, so your software prob stoped it from going past 30 so your stream would actually work, cause if not you would just drop like all your frames, google what bitrate your platform recomends for your res and frame rate, then set it to that

So I’m very new to this world I have a i9-9900k 3070 and 32gb 2800mzh ram. When I play and steam at the same time my in game FPS would be capped at 30. I upped my bitrate in my streaming software from 3,000 to 9,000 and the issue has seemed to go away. This seems like it’s backwards to me as wouldn’t that require more work from my pc. 

Bitrate is your internet, fps isn’t. You should change your output settings to 1920x1080 (1080p @ 60 fps)

24 minutes ago, Newter said:

so bitrate is how much information can be sent out to the internet at a specifc time, assuming your streaming at 1080p 3000 kbps is not enough for 60, so your software prob stoped it from going past 30 so your stream would actually work, cause if not you would just drop like all your frames, google what bitrate your platform recomends for your res and frame rate, then set it to that